Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premium Sound Kit for 88-89

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Ford-E9AZ-18B9...%257Ciid%253A1

If I was a single man, I'd buy this. Unfortunely the wife doesn't understand so maybe one of you mangs need an upgrade.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

That is a bit steep for all that stuff. If you've got those style connectors you might as well upgrade to JBL for less, provided you have access to junkyard pricing. Both our Town Cars had that set-up and I was underwhelmed by it. The JBL stuff on the other hand, now that's worth the trouble.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

$62 shipping!!!! OUCH!
      89 Colony Park
      90 Colony Park
      70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I wonder how the speakers would hold up.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Those two way 6x9s are awesome. Ive used them as garage speakers for awhile. Beat the hell out of them. Running 100w a piece to a pair in the beater. I think total, i have 14 of them.

Replace the capacitor on the tweeter and the high end comes thru nice. Also, the woofers have nice cloth surrounds.
          1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Try the JBL 6x9's. One look at them vs the Premium sound and you'll see what I'm talking about. Much better speakers.

Comment

My 89 LTC had the JBL. I replaced the rear 6x9s with some Pioneers that I got on clearance. Long story short I reinstalled the factory JBLs, much better bass.

The fronts aren't that great, so I did replace all those, and it all sounded pretty good.
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                My 89 LTC had the JBL. I replaced the rear 6x9s with some Pioneers that I got on clearance. Long story short I reinstalled the factory JBLs, much better bass.

The fronts aren't that great, so I did replace all those, and it all sounded pretty good.
                I haven't ever tried the JBL front speakers that are Town Car specific, you know, the ones that are just woofers. Never been able to find a complete set. I've got just one.. They're all rusted out around here from essentially just being dropped in the hole. So on Ashley's TC and mine I put in speakers from Mark VII's, two ways. Sound purty good. But yeah, I've been through a lot of aftermarket crap in my day which lead me to think factory stuff is trash- up until I started playing with Factory JBL stuff. That's why you'll always see me defend these things whenever a related thread starts.

Comment

I have 80s Town car speakers on the dash and in the doors. Love these speakers. Put some 2003 Town Car audiophile speakers in the cargo area. Still have factory headunit and the dreaded football amp. It sounds pretty damn good for junkyard/80s stuff.
                  -Nick M.
                  Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                  03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

JBL doesn't make them any more but when I got the itch to upgrade even further I put JBL power series stuff in everywhere and an amp made by JBL as well. So my car has JBL sound just a bit uplevel

Comment

The JBL dash speakers were actually a two way, there was a little tweeter in the middle. The paper cones all turn to dust though, so they aren't exactly worth bothering with. I don't know that the door speakers were different.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yah, the dash speakers are two ways but the door speakers are just woofers.. I now have two functioning JBL dash speakers but haven't put them in yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X