Intellitronix Gauges in a box Vic? (86)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!

Somone probably has a pinout for the ECM around here. If I can find some time I could probably piece it together going off my '89 and '91 EVTMs.

That would be for a stock ECM. Aren't you putting something non stock in?
    Last edited by VicCrownVic; 03-24-2017, 08:47 PM.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by DrHax View Post

What do you guys think?
      I like it.

Comment

Looks very nice.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Ds9 I think. It's for the HO swap that I stumbled into. Begrudgingly upgrading... due to purchasing the wrong year f150 motor.

Comment

Here is some info that should help with that:
            http://www.grandmarq.net/oldfuelinje...0Lpinouts.html

The column with '86-'91 CV Speed Density looks like it might be for '86 (missing all speed control). Also compared to my '91 EVTM Pins 44 and 53 are unused for '91, but I think it's exactly what you need to know about your stock setup.

The column for '86-'92 Mark VII Speed Density is what you would need for a D9S. A quick copy and paste of the entire table from the link above to an Excel spreadsheet (hide the columns between the two you care about) and it seems that you don't need to make any wiring changes.

Also a list of EEC modules: http://www.cb4x4.com/PDFs/Engine%20-...am%20Codes.pdf
            No DS9 listed, so I'm assuming D9S is what you have. If it's not a D9S, you might need to ignore the above info, although the link will probably still be useful.
            Last edited by VicCrownVic; 03-26-2017, 04:57 PM.
            Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Now I'm curious about that chart. I
              Would like to see about wiring the tach to the EEC since then the wires would go to the same place. Saving me on wire lol.

Comment

Not sure if the tach would be happy picking up the signal after the 22K Ohm resistor.
                Ignition diagram for reference:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	tfi-module-schematic--gray-distributor-mount.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1281522

Where the 22K Ohm resistor lives varies by make and/or model year. If you cut the 22K Ohm resistor out and replace it with wire then move the resistor closer to pin 4 of the EEC, you wouldn't have to run the tach wire as far. EEC would still get its signal after the resistor, but that's a lot of extra work if you ask me.
                Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

That cluster is purty cool. If anyone is interested I have a running and driving '91 Mark VII that is for sale for cheap. I doubt I'll ever do the swap.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Okay I feel stupid but where is the EEC located?

Comment

I found it. I got the plug off and I am having troubles figuring out which wire i should tap into for the VSS the plug has a few labels on it. There's a wire beside a number 1 under a a set of two wires by a 20, yet on the opposite side is a label stating 21.

How do I figure out which wire is which?

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1281546

Okay I went outside and took a picture of the plug. Annoyingly its sideways, but it appears the car doesn't use wire three on the eec.. or am I misreading the plug. http://www.grandmarq.net/oldfuelinje...ages/eec04.gif

That is what I found which I am using as a reference.

Now non of this makes sense in correlation to the data sheets. There's no metal contact for pin three apparently or six.. the only pins used in that row are 1, 4,7 10.

Umm can any EEC experts shine some light on this?

Turns out the Lincoln speed density eec doesn't even have those pins used after comparing the charts. Looks like VSS from the eec isn't even used. So now where do I tap this from if there's no VSS via The EEC. Where are the VSS wires going? Time to consult my manuals.
                        Last edited by DrHax; 04-01-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

You are looking at it right. 1, 4, 7, and 10 being the only used pins on that upper left makes sense. 3 must not be used since the cruise control is stand alone on your '86 and the Mark VII; pin 3 would only have VSS signal to it if the cruise was integrated.
                          For VSS signal, I would think that the shortest distance to tap would be whatever controls cruise on your '86. Since I have no experience with that setup and don't have an '86 EVTM, I have no idea where that would be.
                          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

For verification... I marked pin 1 on your pic.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	1281547

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Also, for VSS signal, you can use the 3-wire connector under the dash for the cruise control that has a black and green/white wire. Tap the green/white wire for the VSS signal.

for picture references... check this thread... http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...r-installation.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So that module by the brake pedal I mistakenly took for the ECM is in fact the cruise control. thats mighty convenient, good so I know what to look for!

Comment

Working...
                                X