No announcement yet.

Intellitronix Gauges in a box Vic? (86)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found the wire and slid one into it. I was going to test it to see if the gauges were working but the car was stuck in the mud. It sank in due to all of the rain we've had recently. Sigh...

Comment

Got the boat out of the mud the green and white wire worked.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0581.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	1281548

Now I am just waiting for the package to arrive so I can work on the engine.

Comment

The metal "module" is the ECM. You had the correct connector for the ECM and if your car used pin 3, it would have worked for you. But using the cruise module's connection there under the dash is definitely easier as there no wires to run through the firewall.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

for the tach, you can probably just tap the trigger side of the coil (green wire). Unless yours needs a 5v square wave. If it needs a pulse with no flyback voltage (a clean signal), don't use the coil trigger or you'll blow up the tach. If it can handle that input, you should be fine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

The instructions say to wire it up to the coil. So in theory it should work. I just need to run a wire through the firewall.

Comment

ah... good. It's the better kind then.

Comment

Found a hole by the door on the passenger side without a plug. Reached into it and felt foam so I ran a wire from the coil through the fender through that hole and under the dash. Now my tach works!

Comment

Sweet, now we just need a video to see it all in action. (Find a way to mount the camera so that driving is not interfered with; safety first!)

Very cool project, it really turned out nice.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by viccrownvic View Post
                    sweet, now we just need a video to see it all in action. (find a way to mount the camera so that driving is not interfered with; safety first!)

very cool project, it really turned out nice.
                    x2
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Once I get the new engine in and have the correct sensors hooked up. Right now the knocking original engine with a wooping 2035xx miles on it, I am just waiting on parts.

Comment

Bit of an update. I got my car back in order. Life hit me up inside the head, finances ran short, lost three jobs, but I was finally able to get the car squared away. Good thing this thread is still up. The wire going to the speedo got disconnected.

Also the reliability of these cars never cease to amaze me the same tank of fuel that was in the prior pictures is what the car started up with now. Maybe my e85 mustang racing pump wasn’t such a stupid idea with today’s gas

Comment

The pump being able to stand ethanol certainly won't hurt anything.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Welcome back!

Last time I posted in this thread my daughter wasn't born yet. She had a rough start, is better now but constant doctor visits that most kids don't have.

Maybe by next summer I'll have my second cluster swap done. I finally started labeling pigtails, I only started on this one about 2 years ago. At least I have all my notes from the first one, so it's literally a matter of labeling the wires and making the connections.
                            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

LoL David Bowie sang a song about Vic and Bob Seger a song about me..
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                              X