Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heartbreaking!

Stumbled across this. A damn shame.
    ************************************************** ******************************
    1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
    1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
    http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Sad. Someone dedicated could fix it. Cut out and replaced the quarter panel and repaint.

Comment

Wow. Loving the way that car is optioned. Good candidate for a body donor. Swap everything over to the new body.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

What a nice parts car. Find a good body and swap everything over. Well worth the money.

Comment

$700 for good interior parts and 5.8L power train ain't bad.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
          2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
          2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Seen worse first-hand. The motor in my '90 was way better than that turkey 2bbl 351. Now it's getting stripped down to shit and the yard might give me 50 bucks for it. If I were wealthy i'd keep it and fix it but I can't. Without going into detail, I hope they get rid of California's democrat voters(illegals that drive here legally and wreck my car). This is why I want to buy every straight, non-running car here, because I know they aren't rusty and can run again. Send me money everyone! I'll send you cars. No shit I can grab these things and make sure they are workable, then send them on. I can't keep them really. There are a few local here that need various things to be driveable, I just don't have a place to keep them all. I could take them to my buddy's shop to get them fixed for a reasonable fee, then move them to you guys. I'll call it; "Save the Panthers from hippie California Project" or something. They'll just crush them here and sell more stupid Priuses.

If you own a prius and are offended by this, fuck you. That is all...

Comment

Wish it were closer. I'd buy it for the remaining good body panels. Finally have some nice doors for the passenger side. Spare fenders would be nice too.
              1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Someone must have bought it. Can't find the listing anymore.

Only cure for Ca is if it has a massive earthquake and everything falls into the ocean. Get out while you can.

Comment

Car's getting derbied for that price. Damn shame but this is all too common for panthers especially boxes. And holy moly that thing was clean especially for something north of the mason-dixon line. This is why I never park cars I care about anywhere near a main road or street. I'm paranoid about something like this happening, because all it takes is one slightly more retarded than usual person to fuck it all up.

Back to the '88 in the ad: at the very least it'd need a good hard frame pull. Look at how the rear bumper brackets are twisted and bent. Even if the inner bumper and faceplate were okay the frame's still gonna be tweaked. Which means you have a perfect excuse to roll a '98-'02 chassis under there. Would need either donor metal or fab work for the driver side rear quarter, but that's still far from a lost cause.
                  '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                  '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                  '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Working...
                  X