No announcement yet.

Need more help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah yeah, tank leaked like a civ so figured it'd be easier and do both at that same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New fuel filter no difference? No idea what else to do

Comment

Car idles okay little rough but any throttle it won't rev up and starts popping

Comment

Hmm, I guess I'd verify your timing. Once upon a time I once changed out a TFI module but the distributor ended up retarded by a tooth. Idled OK but would not rev up and had no power. Chooched lots of white smoke out the back too, steam like. Once corrected it was back to running like a top.

Sent with my phonic while eating biscuits & mustard with French-fried taters mm-hmm.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Have you confirmed the fuel pressure now with a new pump?
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If pressure is still low look back in this thread (post #10) and verify pressure regulator status.
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Also, as a sanity check, are you sure the gauge is accurate? Connect it to a tire after checking pressure in the tire to verify.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes used two different gauges one snap on and both read well over 40 now, car idles fine a little bit choppy but as soon as you touch the gas it's like something is holding it back, new tfi a few weeks ago, new distributor, new coil, new fuel pump and filter. I pulled the vacuum line off the fuel pressure regulator and there's no gas and nothing changes either

Comment

yeah... check timing.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Shouldn't the pressure drop with proper vac to regulator?
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Pressure drop to what

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                          Shouldn't the pressure drop with proper vac to regulator?
                          pressure should drop to around 32 at idle and be at about 40 without vacuum.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

32lbs with vacuum, 42 lbs with no vacuum connected to the regulator. See post #10.

Maybe there is a vacuum leak so there is no vac at regulator or the regulator is fubar.

A vacuum leak could cause many other performance issues.
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

If its holding 40, even if its not dropping, that won't screw it up all that much. At worst you end up with a slightly fat idle. Not the end of the world. Overall it'll run OK. I've actually done it on purpose in the past to see if anything changed, and honestly I could never tell.

Timing wrong sounds likely if the TFI was changed. Make sure you pull the SPOUT connector when checking it.

Comment

I checked timing, it was okay

Comment

Working...
                                X