No announcement yet.

Need more help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it give any codes? Both stored and engine running.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Put car back together with new fuel regulator and cleaned injectors, nothing changed idle is a little bit smoother, otherwise I have not a fucking clue what's wrong at this point, I'll pull codes again tomorrow and see what comes up but I've done all the basics, new fuel pump. New tfi. New coil. New dizzy. New fuel filter and tank and regulator. At this point I'm ready to rip off the efi and put a Holley on it, if anyone has any idea what it could be please help I'm at a complete lost at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Forgive me if this has been covered but have we checked plugs and wires? How about plugged cats? Does it run hot? Compression test? How is oil consumption? Lots of factors could play here so don't give up on her yet. I would say fuel delivery is solid and almost all ignition has been gone through, so we move onto the next system once that has been exhausted. Fire it up and feel the exhaust exiting the pipe(s). If you barely get anything, could be plugged cats. If you're sucking oil the back 2 spark plugs may be fouled. Try all the easy cheap things to check first.

Comment

I can say from personal experience if the rear plugs are fouled it will still have power. Have you played with the MAP sensor yet? Verify you don't have vacuum leaks going to that or anywhere else? Have you tried swapping the computer? I know that's a stretch but what the hell eh?
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Plugs and wires are new about 1k ago haven't had a problem with them woulndt of just gone while driving and there is no cats, where would oil be sucking in? Yes I tried a different MAP and it didn't change, no vacuum leaks, I could try a different computer I might be able to find one from a friend I don't even know where they are on the car

Comment

Yeah, verify bad parts with known good parts. It was certainly nice having Ashley's TC around so we could test between the two when things went south. Anyhow, oil would be getting sucked in through the valve seals, which harden up over time and allow oil to come through and get on the spark plug, fouling it out. Computer is under the driver's side dashboard on the firewall, behind the parking brake. You can see where it goes if you look under the hood and follow the big wiring harness along the driver's side fender to the firewall.

Comment

does the car go thru antifreeze?.......if so, check and make sure its not leaking at the throttle body into the intake, that can make it run kinda crappy too.....
                I'm not completely oblivious to reality, I just choose to reject it when it doesn't line up with my opinions. (thanx Thain!)

Comment

Antifreeze and oil are both full and haven't gone down, seems like something else since as it happened i was going down the road and just started getting worse and worse, dead miss like someone was unplugging something

Comment

If you were local I'd let you try my spare computer to see if anything changes.

Comment

Where are you located?
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Conneticut, I do have a computer I could try, I just don't get why it would give up randomly driving but still idle okay but not want to rev up

Comment

Idle is smoother a little bit more revs but still will not rev up, just pops and bogs, still out of ideas

Comment

Got high rpms but still bogging so not sure back to doing the same thing

Comment

Comment

Codes were 63 34 14

Comment

Working...
                                X