Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oldsmobile Wagon on Town Car Chasis

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/6004009479.html

The more you look at the pictures, the more amount of WTF comes across. The wiper cowl is one of many things I did a double take at, along with whatever that thing is behind the rear seat.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Hahaha, it's like looking at someone who's had way too much plastic surgery. Hideous but captivating.
    ************************************************** ******************************
    1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
    1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
    http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

kill it
      sigpic

Comment

This would be a decent car if the craftmanship was better. Those door panels look like they were slapped together.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
        2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
        2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

That has potential.

I do hope their chassis swap mods look better than those door panels.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

is it just me or are the wipers like a foot away from the actual glass?

Sadly, mid 60s B body suspension is very similar to 79-02 Panther suspension. I'm not really sure I'd go to all the bother of changing that frame unless it had something seriously wrong.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Oh dear god what has happened here. What's up with the all the wood cabinets in the back? Way to kill rear visibility. Also loving the multicolored paint, clearly has had some body work done. Given what else is there I'd be very suspect. Betting money both those front doors rub badly, look at the panel gaps from top to bottom on those suckers. Pass side fares better than the front but still way off. Reverse bonnet looks hilarious. Too bad it's killing the hood. That and the now useless cowl mounted wipers. Might as well go full racecar and ditch those, not like they're doing anything now! Door panels are 11/10 ghetto fab specials, and crackhead approved.

Will give credit for originality, I wouldn't have expected that to even have a remote chance of bolting up. Will need a lot of cutting and fabbing to make work properly though. May still be cheaper than running an aftermarket custom chassis (those go for $11,000+), but there's no guarantee given all the cut corners on the car.....
              '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
              '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
              '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

I think I would rather have the red Pinto wagon in photo two. To me it was clear the guy lost interest in the project. He could have finished the rear cargo area, kick panels etc. before selling. To me the right front fender does not sit right.

Comment

Good idea, terrible execution.

Comment

I dunno, i'm kind of intrigued. I mean yeah, there's some obvious fuckery gone on here, but this hermaphrodite of a vehicle is kind of neat in a poorly-taped-together shitass kind of way. Looks like something from Roadkill, which I love. Gonna give this a one thumb up, one thumb down. Just weird enough to almost sorta kinda be cool, ish.

Comment

What a pile of resurrected shit.
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I like it. Just needs someone to fix the few issues, and do it the right way.

-1994 Lincoln Town Car...always under construction

Comment

I want to see how good the wipers work.
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I like it. Granted I like anything strange odd and crazy. I'd fix up the rear a bit. Is that front windshield from the town car they used? I would love to see some build pics for this glorious bastard. For a rat you could drive with comfort I dig it.

Comment

Save money, time and frustration by buying one that is just as ugly but 100% unmolested. As an owner of car made in the late 60's I can say that any improvement made by updating it isn't worth it. Took my old Plymouth down to Ohio, Illinois and across Michigan and it was glorious. Only things I would have wanted was cruise control & A/C, perhaps a distant third would have been adjustable seats, distant fourth being rear defrost & a passenger side mirror but all of those were optional so if my car had those I'd have nothing to bitch about. Rode almost as good as my Townie.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                              X