PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm Back...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Windsor View Post
    Yes, clearly, that would be the next most logical guess.

SUNSHINE, KITTENS, AND RAINBOWS!!! Chuck Norris's Avatar

Welcome back! I was gone for a while, just no Panthers in my life for a long time. I also missed these mangs.
    As far as the other stuff, I have a personal code that everyone deserves a second chance, and that apologizing says a lot about the quality of a person. I'm glad you came back, if that is the kind of guy you are. Good on ya.

No mean-spiritedness here. IPreferDIY's Avatar

I don't know what car issues you might have had and what might have gone on here about those, though I'm guessing you might have been the fellow who raised one or more off topic issues (I recall something about a closed down gas station) that became the subject of some silliness that maybe wasn't appreciated. I live life with a "funniness filter", and it doesn't take much to get me going. If that was you, I think maybe you didn't appreciate what some of us saw as entertainment value that was not intended to be offensive. I have no idea what might have been going on in your life at the time, but to the extent that you might need to lighten up, then lighten up.

It sounds like I might have only been on the fringe of things, and I certainly don't have any sense of having been offended in some irreparable or even significant manner. What matters to me is how people conduct themselves on an ongoing basis. Apologies have their place, but the most important thing for me is whether a person who has something to apologize for is sincere, has actually learned from the experience, and does truly move forward.

FWIW, speaking as someone who is not very good at remembering faces and especially names, there's only one sure-fire way for me to be able to guarantee that I'll actually remember someone, and that ain't gonna happen with any male.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box "tuba" (in place of the "trumpet"), headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12