Exterior paint ideas. Photoshopping welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exterior paint ideas. Photoshopping welcome

At some point, since I have oxidized paint, I'm considering having my Town Car repainted. I might just stay with the same color but is like some ideas from you mangs on what color would look great on it. It has a grey leather interior. If anyone would like to Photoshop a color on it, here's a few pics to use if you'd like to.

Thanks mangs.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 03-21-2017, 09:23 PM.
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Tuxedo black or Brilliant Black (Ford/Chrysler Color with Helicone flake)
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Airbrush art with some psychedelic weird desert scene and a naked lady. Oh wait, sorry, lived in SoCal too long. I'd go with the same color it is currently. Classy and clean.

Comment

I am thinking about having my 89' Wrapped the same color. the problem is the clear coat, can you just spot fix the oxidation?
        sigpic

Comment

Get it painted the same color, but have them tape off racing stripes, and rock a set of oxidized clear coat/failing paint racing stripes!
          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

If you keep it the same color, you don't have to do the door jambs and insides of the doors. I plan on doing the same thing with my silver Town Car.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
            2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
            2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
              Get it painted the same color, but have them tape off racing stripes, and rock a set of oxidized clear coat/failing paint racing stripes!
              Shit yes! This has win all over it.

Comment

Original paint or go for tu-tone. Dark blue on the top/light blue on the bottom.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Depending on where you live and how hot it is (CA is a mixed bag of climates) I would keep it light colored.

Heck, I like the stock color!
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Dark Charcoal metallic. Or a metallic gunmetal.

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Toreador red with Light Graphite pinstripes.

Alternatively, Deep Wedgewood Blue with the same pinstripes.

My Cars:
                      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Meh... drive it. Beater gonna beat.

I like the tutone idea, but lighter color on top. For single colors, I've always liked the avacado green on the 79s and whatever dark red (burgundy) was used. The middle blues were always good to.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                          Depending on where you live and how hot it is (CA is a mixed bag of climates) I would keep it light colored.

Heck, I like the stock color!
                          Here in Fresno, the lowest at night temperature I've seen was 28 and the highest summer temperature in the day was 117. A light color might be a good idea. I just have this affinity for dark highland green too lol.
                          sigpic
                          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

I think dark mineral grey would look sharp. I know a similar color was on 98+ Panthers. Thoughts?
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic
                            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

I was thinking this TC needs something dark at least a little bit like maybe two tone with the original color and the color on that Mustang.
                              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                              X