300 hp ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 hp ideas?

If I have the goal of making my 97 Town Car having 300+go, what sort of ideas do you guys have? I'm planning to put 3:27 gears at some point and I might just go to 3:73s. But in terms of motor, what are some good options.

Thanks for any ideas mangs.

-Colin
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Throw a blower on there.

Comment

Well, I know the mustang guys with the 4.6 SOHC engine get big gains from headers, throttle body, intakes, bigger injectors, and some kind of camshaft with a tune. Should bring you right around 300hp.
      1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Better find out if mods will pass emissions before attempting
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

As long as the stuff is CARB compliant and he keeps all his paperwork for each part, that shouldn't be an issue. "Shouldn't be" being the operative part.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Factory P71s were rated at 250HP at the crank from 2004+ and Mustangs were rated at 260HP. The physical differences between your car and those one is the PI heads & Cams, , PI intake, 80mm MAF meter, Marauder style Air box and the higher flow air tube (ZIP tube). Long tube Headers, complete low restriction exhaust system and an aggressive tune would get you most of the way to your 300 crank HP goal. Instead of the PI cams if you went with an aftermarket pair you would be more like 350HP+ at the crank.

Comment

If I were to do cams, how do I know what injectors to use and how do I tune it?
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

There are no CARB-approved cams for the mod motors that i'm aware of, and not much else really that is either. Unfortunately when it came to OBD-II cars, stupid California saw fit to make aftermarket parts vehicle-specific. In other words, mustang stuff doesn't pass muster with crown vic stuff basically. If they don't see it you're probably fine long as it runs clean and nothing pops up on the computer, but with the newer crap, they plug it in too, Not sure if tunes affect that but probably.

Anyhow, mod motors will nickel and dime you to death in the pursuit of bolt-on power. Forced induction is the only way to go. There is an old Allen supercharger kit on corral.net for sale. It's been on there a while and is setup for a panther. These were only made for Non-PI heads too which is what your '97 has.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/powe...it-4-6-2v.html
                This is your best bet for 300hp. Every bolt-on, exhaust, good ported heads and a tune might get you close, but whack a blower on and you're golden. Just don't wring it too hard or you'll scatter those shitty stock rods. Low boost you should be just fine.

Comment

Have this off a 2011 2012 Shelby Mustang for 500.00 listed in parts fr sale
                  Attached Files
                  Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Are there CARB approved superchargers? if so I like MrBean's idea.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Only one is the allen supercharger that they only made for a couple years way back in the way back. It uses an eaton m90, which is a little guy that makes a ton of heat, but it'll get the job done and I believe the kit is intercooled. The little m90 MIGHT allow a swap to something bigger like a 112, 120, or that big bastard that turbo has there. Personally if I were going to upgrade, i'd go whipple or kenne bell. I dunno.

Comment

Working...
                      X