2000 Crown Victoria New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pivichot View Post
    Already got the plug for it. Might just find an antenna that fit or just a puck that they sell. Just need to keep my eye out on Ebay.
    Look up seller: industrial-government-surplus on Ebay. He has some used and new antennas from CHP cars. some are reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      Look up seller: industrial-government-surplus on Ebay. He has some used and new antennas from CHP cars. some are reasonable.
      Thanks for letting me know of the ebay seller. I was finding antennas at the lowest for 25 bucks When I was searching. I Was able to get an antenna for 8 bucks. Also bought the mount. All in all I got everything for 16 bucks. Not a bad deal.
      1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
      Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
      Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
      sigpic

Comment

Did a trunk badge delete. Used some JB weld, old sheet metal from the radiator support, and Bondo. I think it came out pretty well. Need to sand down the filler primer and apply some sealer.

Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
        sigpic

Comment

Well, the car is finally painted.

Will post more pictures once everything is put back together.
          sigpic

Comment

You waste no time! I've been trying to get there for three years on my 68.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Haven't been able to post for about 10 days. Shortly after painting the car I got the Stomach Flu. All projects got behind and I start work tomorrow. So, at least the car is ready. There are a few minor details which I need to fix but it is good for now.

Next Upgrade hopefully in about 2 months will be the rear diff. Will be upgrading the axles and rear suspension. Now I am debating since the rear end will be rebuilt, whether or not I want to change gears. City mileage is horrible. I believe it currently has 3.55 gears and it feels slow. Might go with either 3.73 or 4.10 gears.
              sigpic

Comment

So, It has been a month since I last posted any progress on the crown. Today ordered a few parts for a custom exhaust system. Went with Impala ss tail pipes. Just need it to be slightly modified to fit over the axle and clear the watts link. Went with 2.5 in exhaust. Thinking of deleting the rear cats and leaving the front ones. Not sure about that yet. Will be going with 2.5 in. in and 4 in out stainless exhaust tip. Might seems a little big but they were cheap. On some mustangs they do look good. Now just need to wait on summit to get the parts in.
                sigpic

Comment

Ok. So I got the muffler,exhaust tip, and hangers in. Waiting on the tail pipes. One comes in halfway next month . I think the tips are a little big. Still going to modify the bumpers to make them fit so they won't be too low. It will be different. Just sometimes being different does not mean it is a good idea.

I'll put it into perspective. My whole fist fits inside it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pivichot View Post
                    My whole fist fits inside it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I was just in Miami (working at the fontainebleau hotel June 7to11). I am surprised you can get any painting done down there. Everyday showers rolled in and out!
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                        Yeah, Phrasing is important. Did not notice how that came out.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          I was just in Miami (working at the fontainebleau hotel June 7to11). I am surprised you can get any painting done down there. Everyday showers rolled in and out!
                          Lately it has been raining everyday. Basically by how the day feels you have an idea if it might rain or not. Just can't explain it. It rained the day before I actually painted it. And I mean rained really hard, about 2 hours. Had to use a heat gun to dry the primer. Good thing I used sealer primer before hand.
                          sigpic

Comment

Some updates. Still waiting on the two tail pipes. Also the glasspacks on the car were starting to fall. One was clogged with the fiberglass from the glasspack. Car felt like it didn't have power. Now I just have cats. No muffler in place. Thing is a little loud. Hopefully will get everything in by the end of the month.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok. So no updates since June. In terms of money for the projects it has been a little tight. Have been saving to buy a house to have space for all the projects. Moving Out around early September. Finally Got good news from summit. The Impala tail pipes are finally being delivered tomorrow. Also bought an extra pair for the Mercury. Now, in about two to three weeks the car will have an exhaust system. Going with a custom 2.5 in h-pipe, dual exhaust, and decided to change the tips to 3 inch tip. Debating which of the two might look better.

Other than that, I have been debating a coyote swap. In theory the engine should fit in place. Would just need to rebuild the whole suspension to withstand the 400 hp from the coyote. Car currently has 226000 Miles. Still a lot cheaper than buying a new car. Just need to finish the Mercury and the truck(97 f150 that is going to be used to tow the mercury).
                              sigpic

Comment

So, Finally got the exhaust installed. Don't worry I threw some pictures. Just trying to post them now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X