2000 Crown Victoria New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 Crown Victoria New Project

In my other thread I had mentioned that I had a new project car. The Mercury is still in progress (can be seen in the background). Basically this car will be my new daily driver for Work. I start work now in May, so I have 1 month to get some of the problems of this car in order. This car used to be my sister's. These are the following problems:
    - Bent axles (both driver and passenger. Can still drive the car.
    -Slight blowby? maybe. Engine is full of oil on the outside.
    - AC compressor (still works but it might be slowly leaking. In one year it leaked a can of freon, I had replaced all o-rings)
    -Paint (will be done before May, Clearcoat failed. I had previously painted it about 2 or 3 years ago. Threw only like 2 coats of clear. My mistake)

How the car currently looks like

Started working on the Car this week. Replaced the starter (seems that it was turning slower). Replaced it with a Bosch Unit. Turns much better. I hated the last bolt. I replaced it because I will depend on this car for 4 days a week.

Also, the tensioner started to make some noise. I replaced it with a Gates Unit.

Scored a trunk organizer today at the junkyard. 22 bucks. This will help me a lot for School and Work.

For Paint I will be using summit racing paint. Going with gloss black. I will be replacing the rims. Might go with mustang rims, still not sure.
    1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
    Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
    Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
    sigpic

Looks like you have a good start.
    I only install the bottom starter bolt. I take a 10mm wrench with me during oil changes and always check. I despise the other two bolts.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

How on earth does one bend both rear axles? Better yet, how does one bend the axles without destroying the wheels and the brake backing plates?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
        Looks like you have a good start.
        I only install the bottom starter bolt. I take a 10mm wrench with me during oil changes and always check. I despise the other two bolts.

-ryan s.
        I was just going to install 2 of 3 originally. But since I had my arm already twisted in ways not meant to, I said what is one more bolt. I just know that I had pains in my arm for the rest of the day.
        Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          How on earth does one bend both rear axles? Better yet, how does one bend the axles without destroying the wheels and the brake backing plates?
          I know how my sister bent one. She was driving and made a quick turn. I told her she was going to hit the curb and ignored me. And then she hit the curb. The other one may have been from a crash the car had. I know when we Bought the car in 2011 (before even knowing about the panther platform that much) I saw a suspension arm in the trunk bent to hell. It was a watts link.
          sigpic

Comment

Some more updates. On Sunday when I went to the junkyard I got an extra honeycomb grill and part of a broken honeycomb grill. Since I am going to be driving it everyday, I am going to do a badge delete on both the front and the trunk. So, today I started to modify the front grill.
            How it started

Removed the Logo

Measure and try to mix in the portion of the broken grill. After 2 hours of cutting and measuring. Basically measure twice and cut once.

Now, starting to apply the Epoxy

Will continue to apply epoxy and make seamless transitions..
            sigpic

Comment

How many miles?
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                How many miles?
                223000 Miles.
                sigpic

Comment

That badge delete sure looks cool!
                  ************************************************** ******************************
                  1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
                  1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
                  http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by SeanP View Post
                    That badge delete sure looks cool!
                    It sure does.
                    sigpic

Comment

More Updates. Not much done today. I am planning on upgrading the Dash lights to a brighter bulb. Decided to go with led bulbs for the dash cluster. This will be done tomorrow.

Also, bought a rear view camera kit. I know how far the trunk is, but A good view helps to get by tight spaces. I bought this camera to mount it on the trunk fascia.

To install the Camera I will need to modify the trunk to allow it. And I just went with a rear view mirror type screen.

All of this will be hopefully installed tomorrow.
                      sigpic

Comment

Decided to mount the Camera near the License Plate light. Reasons for this is mainly for the space available from the other side of the trunk.

Then to mount it on the trunk I need to open a hole to allow the camera to be installed. The Fascia has to be installed and then the camera can be installed.

Paint is added temporarily to prevent rust. This will be taken car when I paint the car.

On the following picture you can see the hole from the back of the trunk. Kinda over shot it a bit but it is still useable.

And Camera is Installed. Now just need to run the wires.

sigpic

Comment

So the rearview is the screen? Thats pretty slick.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

GM vehicles have had the rearview mirror with backup display for years. I suppose others probably use it as well but when it comes to vehicles made in this century I'm most familiar with GM stuff. It is pretty neat because it looks like a regular mirror until the display comes on when you shift into reverse.

Camera install looks good.
                            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I like camera install and the grille mods. Way nice.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X