2000 Crown Victoria New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    I think its a rule that whenever there is a choice of two parts, you will always get the wrong one at first.
    Yeah. Always happens to me. I should, next time, just buy both parts and return the one that is not used. Will save me a lot of headaches.
    1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
    Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
    Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Wheels look nice with your paint job.

Anytime you have to redo something at least it should take less time.
      It wasn't that bad to be honest. Just that my hands could not remove the damn blend door actuator. That last bolt was a pain on the firewall.
      Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
        Sharp
        Thank You.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          I looked at the bends of the pipes when I did the heater core in the 2000... 6 inch core in my wife's car. Nailed it first try.
          I know that when I checked the heater core the day before, I said to myself that the bends did not look right. I said to myself, maybe this is just because it was aftermarket. Lesson learned.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pivichot View Post
            It wasn't that bad to be honest. Just that my hands could not remove the damn blend door actuator. That last bolt was a pain on the firewall.
            I always just snap the 2 nearest the firewall. Then once the BDA is out of the way, remove bolts and broken off tabs with appropriate wrench now that you can actually get to them. Then reinstall the bolts loosely. On reassembly, the new BDA gets the rear 2 (front 2? the ones closest the firewall) holes cut into slots, slides in under the heads of those 2 bolts, and secured with the 2 bolts that are actually accessible. When I did the first one in the Town Car, I got lucky, it'd been done before and it was already slotted so it slid right out once the other 2 bolts were out.

As far as the 2 sized heater cores, I don't think they ever actually used anything other than the 6" one on any Panther built between '90-'04. There was that mid-year change in '89, and supposedly another mid-year change in '05, otherwise they were all the same. Why so many places list 2 options, IDK.
            -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
            1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
            1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Working...
            X