2000 Crown Victoria New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    So the rearview is the screen? Thats pretty slick.
    Pretty much. Here is a view of it.

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
    Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
    Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      I like camera install and the grille mods. Way nice.
      Thank you.
      Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
        GM vehicles have had the rearview mirror with backup display for years. I suppose others probably use it as well but when it comes to vehicles made in this century I'm most familiar with GM stuff. It is pretty neat because it looks like a regular mirror until the display comes on when you shift into reverse.

Camera install looks good.
        I didn't know GM vehicles had them. I actually like it because I don't have to try to invest in a double din to get a rear view camera. And Thank You.
        sigpic

Comment

The 2012 escape has it in the rearview.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

That is way cool, and something I'd actually consider doing on my own car.

My mom's truck needs a backup camera, wonder if I can get one that will work for that. She has relatively modern stuff, no clue if the mirror is somehow in control of the ignition system or some other nonsense that requires the OE one to be there.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

This was the camera I bought
              https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MY...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
              sigpic

Comment

This was the rear view mirror.
                https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GF...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                sigpic

Comment

Some Updates. Got the epoxy primer, high build primer, base and clear coat. The car will be painted in black. I will be removing the old paint. The clear coat failed on it but either way I will go down to the old paint (Arizona beige, where it is left) and then throw the epoxy. Only was able to work on it for 30 minutes. Want to have it painted by next Saturday.

sigpic

Comment

Keep up the good work.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Not much update. I was busy working on painting my dad's van.

Now that I am finished with the van, I can now focus on the Crown Victoria. Since I am spending my time to make this car to come out great, I decided to go badgeless completely. Went on to start removing the crown victoria symbol and ford symbol from the trunk. I am filling in the plastic with epoxy. Will post more picture tomorrow.

sigpic

Comment

A few more updates. Not much. Leveling down the panels for the paint. Some parts I need to go down to the metal to remove some rust. All the other parts it is just a matter of sanding the clearcoat flat. Just some progress.

I decided not to go with gloss black. Will be going with satin black.
                        sigpic

Comment

Some more progress.

Hopefully the car will be ready to paint on Sunday. Still need to change the radiator support, cover the hole for the rear badges, and finish sanding the car. Trying to see if I can find a small antenna for the trunk to cover the antenna hole or might just use some jbweld and bondo.
                          sigpic

Comment

Get a black antenna plug for now. When you find a good antenna you like, swap it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                              Get a black antenna plug for now. When you find a good antenna you like, swap it.
                              Already got the plug for it. Might just find an antenna that fit or just a puck that they sell. Just need to keep my eye out on Ebay.
                              sigpic

Comment

Finally changed out the radiator support. That was a pain. The car had a crash before we got it and they left the original one which was bent. Since I will be using this one everyday I want the panel gap to be good and the hood to close well.

Also finally filled the small holes on the trunk fascia. Also applied some adhesion promoter and primer. I did use bumper filler since it is plastic.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X