No announcement yet.

Bad Smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not finding a clutch that looks like mine at any of the usual suspects.
    Found myself wondering if the spare HO had a comp, sure enough, it does.
    It is on an elbow level shelf, therefore the comp is above shoulder height.
    And against the wall.
    And behind the drill press.
    Oh, and there is about a foot and a half between the Blue car and the bench.
    Got the clutch plate off (contortion city) my back is very unhappy....

Inevitably the plate is different. The HO has a key, the “
    '91 car is splined.

The car is a ’91, I have looked up '91,'92, '88 and '86.

I snuck my camera behind the comp & found that the PN indicated '89

I am calling Standard Motor Products tomorrow to see what’s up.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

did you check the tensioner and the smog pump (if installed) already? Usually if the ac bearing is going to be a problem, a spin test will tell you. That bearing does nothing when the AC is actually on, it only spins when off. If the compressor itself is seized, then it'll smoke the belt when the AC is on and changing the bearing will not help.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X