Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

94 f-150 truck motor into 86 Vic Parts suggestion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    Of course me being me I was actually thinking of a custom-machined adapter dingus.
    And me being me I'd find a way to do some welding on the thing too

Good call on the '86 Mustang adapter tho, that's the way to go IMHO - uses the known good cable that's in the car right now, and still allows the switch to the new-type cable if need be later on.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Hmmm that stud is really appealing...or is it really easy to swap out tv cables? I've never dealt with it *knocks on wood*

Comment

Spend the money on the stud, save your sanity. The TV cable is not hard to replace in and of itself but you don't have too much space to work in, especially if the front of the transmission is jacked up as high as it goes to help line it up with the engine. That is after you get a good new-style cable to begin with...
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

+1 just get the stud. 5 minutes to bolt it in vs 30 minutes to change cables if all goes well or maybe 2 hours if not.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

You know a package is good when it arrives covered in duct tape the post man says it's heavier than all hell, and when you splice it open you are greeted by car parts surrounded by beer and pizza boxes! Also the post man handed me a box from summit racing as well!
            So I have all of the parts I need to go forth with the engine swap!

Comment

hah, beer and pizza boxes. Last thing I shipped out used a box from a several thousand dollar part for a fancy photospectrometer used to determine radiation dose. For me, it was just a box of the right size that had foam in it already. It came back to me too, I was trading with a dude and I guess he had the same thought I did.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by DrHax View Post
                You know a package is good when it arrives covered in duct tape the post man says it's heavier than all hell, and when you splice it open you are greeted by car parts surrounded by beer and pizza boxes!
                Don't forget the small box from 2"-wide plumbing insulation wrap tape, perfect fit for Ford ECMs (and the tape itself is great for sealing camper toppers to pickup truck beds) But yeah, extra precaution was taken to ensure nothing gets banged around and even if the box gets ripped the content will still stay inside. Overkill is underrated!

Comment

Working...
                X