Stereo stopped working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo stopped working.

Hey guys on my 86 Vic the head unit I have isn't working. I know the head unit itself is fine, but it seems like it isn't getting power. I've checked the fuse box but I haven't found anything blown.

Where do I look? I would really like to have my radio back.

pull the fuse for the radio, turn the car to ACC or RUN and check for voltage for the radio. If none, it may be the ignition switch. If the switch is starting to separate, it could cause this issue. If you have voltage, put the fuse back and check for voltage at the radio harness.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Figured it out. It was a fuse, but not the one listed as radio. I found it by replacing all of the fuses one by one. They were all old anyways. Now my sound system is working great

Comment

yeah... I've had that problem with my car too. Not all the fuses are where they should be.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X