Detroit Area Meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detroit Area Meet?

It's been a couple of years and a lot of the faces that were at the last mini meet don't seem to be around anymore.
    So who is around the Detroit area that would want to be part of another mini meet? Or, who would consider Detroit close enough for a small afternoon/evening meet?

Scottfest or other bigger GMN meets would be awesome to attend but it's just not going to happen for a while for me, and if you're in the same boat that I'm in something local might work out better for you. Even if it is just an afternoon/evening deal; we had a good time last time with 6 cars.

This summer might be a bit touch and go for me. Late May-June will be kind of tough for me with a kid due early June, the weekend of Aug 12 I'll be out of town. So, what works for everyone interested?

Also, Brent, if you see this are you still planning to come up to Detroit? We had discussed the possibility of a meet up here. If you're still interested we can hash out a plan here.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

May 13-21 are out for me, other than that I don't have any specific objections yet. I do the Monday to Friday grind so a weekend would be ideal, of course.

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

My schedule is always a moving target, although I can make changes to accommodate. You guys are the ones with all the "if thens" so to speak so you guys pick a date and I'll see how it lines up with what I've got going on. I'm down though.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

We'll shoot for a weekend for sure.

How about mid to late July? That should give me enough time to replace the steering components on The Ice Car. If not I'll bring The Scab, but it's kind of boring even though it's not as rotted.
        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Word.
          We've [I] got plenty of vacation to burn so even if it was a Thursday evening I'd be ok with that. Scab was cool to me, has that nice mocha interior. If I can find the missing fender for this damn Mark VII I've got maybe Ash will bring that, provided I could throw it back together in time. I didn't take it apart so I've got no frame of reference..

Comment

There's a Facebook group called Great Lakes Panthers that's having a Michigan meet soon.

https://www.facebook.com/events/662367090613976/?ti=cl
            1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Just got back from Detroit last weekend was there for a memorial service for a friends daughter
              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

George

Comment

Also if you guys did a Saturday, I might make a cruise. I like driving, and Detroit is neat.

George

Comment

I know not of great lakes panthers. I'd rather meet up with the dudes I converse with on here than be an unknown somewhere.

Comment

Yeah I don't know them either, just thought I'd share

Comment

George, thanks for sharing, I'd never heard of GLP either.
                        That's only a couple hundred miles, I could probably do that but not sure that I will this year. We'll see how things turn out, I could change my mind by then.
                        It seems like they put together a pretty big planned out event. We're more small time, fly by the seat of our pants over here I guess. Last time we spent most of our time BSing about cars and grabbing some grub. Nothing big, but everyone had a good time swapping stories and knowledge and stuff. If you want to come all the way to Detroit just to hang out you're more than welcome to.

Right now I think we're in the brainstorming phase or just putting a feeler out there to see if there is any general interest besides the 4 of us locals. We'll throw together a "plan" as the thread progresses.
                        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Yeah if you guys figure something out I'd love to come BS and have some good food. Why not, it's a nice drive.

George

Comment

Precisely. Although the place we met up at last time, Athen's Coney Island, has since become a Nicky D's and the grub promptly went in the toilet. Shame really, Ash and I would drive out of our way to go there. I've got other ideas for grub though.

Comment

If I have enough advanced notice, I'd be happy to head up to michigan for a long weekend
                              -Nick M.
                              Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                              03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Working...
                              X