Detroit Area Meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, it was nice knowing ya Vic! J/K

Hmm, I'm scheduled to be on the road July 19th up to the 28th so that might not work for me.

Vinsetta is good, tasty burgs, fries and cheese curds plus hot hipster chicks. Was just at Sinbad's with my dad, the walleye I had was so so.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Well crap.

Are we back to the drawing board then? Or was everyone else dead set on July 22nd?

I'm a bit more flexible now other than the weekend of August 12th I mentioned before.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I'm flexible. I am sometimes asked to be on-call for work and I doubt they'd appreciate the roaming charges on the company phone, of course, so it would be best to nail down a date at least a few weeks out.

Vinsetta appeals to me as it was already somewhere I wanted to try. I do understand it to be pretty much constantly busy though.

Lincoln's exhaust is disintegrating more by the day, it's likely going be mufflerless by the time this meet happens since the probability of me doing the exhaust by then is about none.

Current driver: Ranger
        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
        | 88 TC | 91 GM
        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

For what it's worth, and I know I'm barely a GMN member, but I am planning to attend that GLP meet on July 15th and convoy up through Toledo.
          '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
          formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Saturdays without Tiger's home games:
            • July 8th (might be too short notice for some)
            • August 5th
            • August 26th

Any preferences or other suggestions?

Also, I'm free for a JY run this Saturday if anyone local will be hitting the yards.

Adam, since you're organizing the GLP meet I hope you're going to that. LOL
            I put 2 and 2 together after seeing your post in the GLP group about buying Zack's wagon, then seeing your post here about buying Zack's wagon. You didn't mention who you bought the wagon from in the GLP group, but as soon as I saw it I was pretty sure, then I read that you picked it up in Buffalo and thought that it had to be his. Your post here finally confirmed it for me.
            Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
              Saturdays without Tiger's home games:
              • July 8th (might be too short notice for some)
              • August 5th
              • August 26th

Any preferences or other suggestions?

Also, I'm free for a JY run this Saturday if anyone local will be hitting the yards.

Adam, since you're organizing the GLP meet I hope you're going to that. LOL
              I put 2 and 2 together after seeing your post in the GLP group about buying Zack's wagon, then seeing your post here about buying Zack's wagon. You didn't mention who you bought the wagon from in the GLP group, but as soon as I saw it I was pretty sure, then I read that you picked it up in Buffalo and thought that it had to be his. Your post here finally confirmed it for me.
              No specific date preference for me, those all look equally workable as of now.

I'm a maybe for junkyard run this weekend. Nothing I really need currently.

Checked for 79-91 Panthers:
              Ryan's - 90 LTDCV, 83 MkVI, 88 TC. But I'm about 387% sure all three of those were crushed and the site wasn't updated yet.
              PG 8 Mile - 89 LTDCV, 88 TC, 89 TC, 86 GM, 87 GM
              PG W Warren - 85 LTDCV, 82 MkVI, 84 GM (2dr), 89 GM. These are all in Old Stuff, from memory.
              PG Flat Rock - 89 LTDCV, 87 TC, 85 CP (listed as a GM but I know it's a CP, I have stuff from it)
              US Auto, boxes as you saw recently in my junkyard pics, but I won't be bothering with them...

| 88 TC | 91 GM
              | Junkyards

Comment

I could do the July 8th and all August dates. If my work visa falls through then I could do the July stuff as well. Just have to see how it goes.

Kishy, confirmed that Ryan's just hasn't updated their inventory. If any of you guys also happen to come across a driver's side fender for a Mark VII, please let me know.

Comment

I might be able to meet you guys in late August!
                  -Nick M.
                  Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                  03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Cool, I was hoping to hear from you and George since it might take a bit more advanced notice for you. It sounds like all of the newly proposed dates work for the locals.

I say if Aug 26 works for Nick, let's plan on that date.
                    Hopefully that will work for George too, if he's still interested in making the trip up to hang out.
                    Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

26th shouldn't be a problem for me. If there's enough panthers perhaps we could do an impromptu Wootward cruise. Just need a box of walkie talkies...

Comment

Cool, it turns out Aug 5th won't work for me, so lets plan on Aug 26th.

Is sounds like there is some interest in Vinsetta Garage, do we want to settle on that?

Is there still interest in a JY run on Aug 26th or 27th. I could take a vacation day on the 25th (or 28th for that matter) if anyone else has vacation time to burn and would rather hit the JY on a day other than the meet day.
                        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Hmm, JY run days are days I don't shower until after said run so if we do the meet-up that's all I'd be good for that day. So 26th = meet up and then 27th = run so that would work for me. Vinsetta would be good for chow but it occurred to me they don't have conventional parking so we'd all have to park on the street or let them valet our cars.

Comment

I don't think I would like valet parking, especially if I bring The Ice Car since I would have to explain its quirks. Also, most places I have seen with valet parking wouldn't be conductive to standing around the cars and BSing.
                            Looking at the satellite view on Google maps, it looks like there is a Kroger a couple miles north at 13 Mile and Woodward. The parking lot looks large enough to sit and BS in. I'm not worried about leaving mine there and bumming a ride to the restaurant (I'll pay for your parking, LOL). Just throwing it out there as a possible solution if we want to settle on Vinsetta.

Otherwise, meet on Saturday, Aug 26th and further details to be hammered out.
                            Last edited by VicCrownVic; 06-13-2017, 08:17 AM.
                            Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

26 and possibly 27 should be fine for me.

Would prefer a shady option vs a vast expanse of pavement for a spot to just kinda chill, considering late August in Detroit is hotter than the surface of the sun and my A/C is inop.

Is Belle Isle not an option? I feel like there would be some good photo ops to put cars together there with the river, downtowns of both Detroit and Windsor, and the bridge in the background...
                              It does throw the logistics off since Woodward and 11 Mile is a bit of a hike from there.

Not a fan of valet as well, my car also has quirks and tbh I just don't trust anyone with the bumper overhang. But it's easy enough to park a short distance away and walk.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                              | Junkyards

Comment

Good point on finding some shade.

I don't think we are dead set on Vinsetta at this point. I'm not really planning, just sort of pushing ideas along until we reach a consensus. LOL

So far we're only set (again) on the date: Aug 26th
                                Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Working...
                                X