No announcement yet.

Detroit Area Meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My typing game was on point when I made that post, "..by the our old house."

Good location & puts us close enough to food establishments.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

1 month!
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Gotta work up the enthusiasm to wash, wax and detail the party barge!

Comment

My car will most likely be filthy and its exhaust will be even closer to completely falling off. If it even makes it that long before that happens.

But I will be there!

Current driver: Ranger
          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
          | 88 TC | 91 GM
          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

TecNickal gave me a heads up on this one. I'll be there. I haven't been on here in awhile, but this is too local for me NOT to go.
            -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
            1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
            1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Sweet. The more the merrier. Looking forward to the meet up!

Comment

Originally posted by BigMerc96 View Post
                TecNickal gave me a heads up on this one. I'll be there. I haven't been on here in awhile, but this is too local for me NOT to go.
                I would love to go to Scottfest one of these years, but since I can't a small barely organized gathering like this is perfect. It's free to go to the park and if we decide to find a place to grab some grub that's a bonus since I like eating.

Kevin, my car does not look like it does in my signature. It looks every bit its age and I will be happy if I manage to get around to cleaning the passenger compartment let alone the exterior. So, no worries if yours is filthy, it will probably still look better than The Scab.

That reminds me, if anyone is on the fence interested in meeting up but thinks their car isn't worth showing off don't worry about it. The Scab has a rotted out rocker panel, banged up quarter panel with missing trim where the PO's Gma tried taking the garage door with her, and peeling clear coat all over but I still think it's cool.
                Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

^^^ What this guy said with special emphasis on the eating part.

Ashley has been pantherless for some time but will bring her scab, the '91 Mark VII to the meet-up just so there are more cars and stuff. It's raggedy but raggedy is cool and causes much less stress.

Comment

I could bring my Town Car and make everyone else's cars look better. I haven't even washed it in over a year. Pretty sure there is still some salt on it from last winter. Or I could bring my '98 because its the 1 year anniversary of my buying it and forcing the Town Car into semi-retirement. Or if I can recruit someone to drive one of them for me I could bring both. We'll see.
                    -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
                    1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
                    1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
                    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Ugly or not I vote to bring both. Panther pride.

Comment

I should put insurance on everything, rush-fix the wagon, and have friends drive them all over. I could have my own mini-meet of disappointing Panthers.

Current driver: Ranger
                        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                        | 88 TC | 91 GM
                        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                        | Junkyards

Comment

Lol, nice I like these ideas of recruiting drivers and bringing your whole fleet.
                          I was going to bring The Ice Car since I have a lot more interesting mods on that car but it needs to be put back together and that's not going to happen any time soon.
                          It probably would give Steve's TC a run for its money, but if I remember the post he made on that TC a while back I think it may have mine beat.
                          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Haha, we could for the "Disappointing Panther Club"

What does the Ice Car need again?

Comment

Can I be a member of this group?
                              If I wasn't so far away I'd have a couple of friends drive out some of the fleet.

Really am looking forward to this. Hope for no rain...
                              -Nick M.
                              Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                              03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

The Ice Car needs steering parts. I got everything more than a year ago and finally started on it over my 4th of July break but didn't finish. It also may need a new distributor or pickup, it died while I was driving it (before I started working on the steering parts) on the hottest day of my break close to the end of a 60 Mile drive. One thing was for sure that it wasn't the TFI since that is remote monted under the header panel and was cooler than the exterior of the car.
                                Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Working...
                                X