No announcement yet.

Detroit Area Meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Ice Car just wants to rust, I mean rest, in peace!
    Seeing as you've done waaay more complicated things than steering stuff that shouldn't be too bad once you find the time. Although lately I haven't done much of anything since everything in our fleet runs with minimal issues.

Nick, the more the merrier, thought you were already a member?
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      I think the Ice Car just wants to rust, I mean rest, in peace!
      Seeing as you've done waaay more complicated things than steering stuff that shouldn't be too bad once you find the time. Although lately I haven't done much of anything since everything in our fleet runs with minimal issues.

Nick, the more the merrier, thought you were already a member?
      It's definitely rusting in pieces. It was originally a FL car before spending some time in OH, where I think it picked up all the body rust, then spending 6-7 years in a barn with the PO. The frame is actually in really good shape, the under side is not too bad, the rocker panels are clean unlike The Scab and is completely missing a rocker panel. It really makes me scratch my head, but I'm sure it would be long gone if it hadn't started out in FL.

Time is actually the problem. That and nothing going as planned during my week off for the 4th and the following week working from home/working on cars after work. I really need a do over for those 2 weeks. Oh well I'll get it done before winter.

Nick is referring to this newly proposed Disappointing Panther Club. As much as I am disappointed with some aspects of my cars, they are my disappointments and have plenty of good stories that I'll save for our little meet. Besides, I don't feel bad DDing the crap out of my cars and enjoying them every day, so they've got that going for them.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Spending time outside of corrosive environments certainly helps wonders. I'd have to see that frame for myself though lol.

When you get both going again what is your plan for the both of them?

Ooooh lol, yeah. I'll join. I feel bad about DD'ing the Town Car. It really isn't a DD any more. If it was in the condition the mark VII or our trucks are in, then yeah, it would be getting driven every day. Makes me sad. I really didn't want another garage queen yet this I like this one a lot and don't really want to sell it. Not sure what I should do with the damn thing.

Comment

maybe if i can get people to come with to help with fuel costs.

if we come out from the east coast, need a place to crash.

no i'm not gonna book the royal inn in detroit lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4nEnyktagk

i would also like to meet a guy i have been watching on youtube since 2009 The Shea Show. he does property rehabs in detroit.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Now that would be a treat!
            Detroit is a long way from home for a little disorganized gathering like this, but you certainly are welcome to come.
            If I had space to offer I would, my recently expanded family is maxing out our 2 bedroom apartment and not much sleep is happening here with an almost 3 month old.
            Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I guess my back yard would be big enough for a few tents, that or people could crash in the basement but my experience sleeping out in the open with others has resulted in no sleep due to chain snoring and what not. My driveway could certainly accommodate a few cars. Our gathering would definitely not be as eventful as Scottfest as well, short of Junkyard Diving there's no dyno or anything else. Although, it's the time of year where cruising Gratiot or Woodward is a thing so imagine two lanes of woodward jammed up with panthers.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                Spending time outside of corrosive environments certainly helps wonders. I'd have to see that frame for myself though lol.

When you get both going again what is your plan for the both of them?

Ooooh lol, yeah. I'll join. I feel bad about DD'ing the Town Car. It really isn't a DD any more. If it was in the condition the mark VII or our trucks are in, then yeah, it would be getting driven every day. Makes me sad. I really didn't want another garage queen yet this I like this one a lot and don't really want to sell it. Not sure what I should do with the damn thing.
                Unfortunately the most likely future will be to drive them both until they belong in the JY. I've never sold or got rid of a car. The only cars of "mine" that are gone I never owned. For that reason my answer to what you want to do with your TC would be to keep it forever.
                Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

If I had a pole barn, done, totally. I wish I had one. Town Car would go in there on jack stands and in one of those vacuum sealed bags once waxed, sealed and stuff. Would be nice since it would free up both garage spots for Ashley and I to put our DD's there.

Which one would you make the "winter" car? Or would you keep one on stand-by for when the other has a sick day? That's the purpose the trucks serve. Although the F-250 will be going up for sale soon as we can't afford insurance on all of these things and while the F-250 runs better than the K1500, the K1500 makes more sense to keep as it's got 4x4 and the A/C can be made to work again, unlike the Ford. Or does it?

Comment

The Ice Car is already the winter car. I have not driven The Scab during the winter but if I have to it's not in good enough shape for me to feel bad about it.
                    Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Oh, fitting. haha.

Comment

One week from tomorrow!

Saturday, August 26th is the date.

The "plan":

Meet at:
                        Halmich Park
                        3001 E 13 Mile Rd,
                        Warren, MI 48092

You can enter the park from 13 Mile on the south side or Chicago Rd on the north side.

I'll be there around noonish, at the south side of the park near 13 Mile Road. If that's too early, we'll be there a while so don't worry if you can't show up that early.

It should be a good time to BS about our cars and while we're there we can throw together a plan for food that evening.
                        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                          One week from tomorrow!

Saturday, August 26th is the date.

The "plan":

Meet at:
                          Halmich Park
                          3001 E 13 Mile Rd,
                          Warren, MI 48092

You can enter the park from 13 Mile on the south side or Chicago Rd on the north side.

I'll be there around noonish, at the south side of the park near 13 Mile Road. If that's too early, we'll be there a while so don't worry if you can't show up that early.

It should be a good time to BS about our cars and while we're there we can throw together a plan for food that evening.
                          Looks good to me. I should be able to do 12 "ish". I will likely be popping in at the junkyard on my way but we'll see.

You should know, I can't use my phone over there, roaming data is something like $6/MB and texts/calls cost a relative fortune. Therefore I will be unreachable after leaving Windsor until arriving there (unless I find wifi).
                          Last edited by kishy; 08-18-2017, 02:25 PM.

Current driver: Ranger
                          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                          | 88 TC | 91 GM
                          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                          | Junkyards

Comment

So I just stopped by to check in and saw this. I made it to the Detroit area meet in 2015 but I still had the Town Car then. Might be able to come to this one too if you'll welcome a pantherless panther fan.
                            2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Kyle! Good to hear from you.

Well you pretty much know what you're in for if you want to come all the way just past the North side of Detroit just to hang out.
                              Derek, Ashley, and I are the only ones attending that made it last time (we didn't do anything last year). Ashley is also pantherless, but she will have the most powerful 302 there.

You're more than welcome to join us again.
                              Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I might as well. I honestly have nothing better to do on a Saturday.
                                2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X