Oil pan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pan?

So I found a fancy kickout pan that I like but not sure if it'll fit on our silly cars. Made for fox so it's rear sump. Anybody have a yay or nay on this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/361930641586...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Almost every oil pan made for a fox body should work. The stock cross-member is in the same place as far as the oil pan is concerned IIRC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Cool, I just don't like the idea of one hanging way low. Gotta crawl under and take a look to see if anything might be in the way, but don't wanna stick a shitty pan on a new motor when it goes in. Would be fine I'm sure but whatever, just want a little nicer.

Comment

Now hanging low is another story. They have the depth of 7.5 inches. Measure from the block to 7.5 inches and compare that to where yours currently sits. Then you'll know about how much lower it will hang.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

oh yeah... you'll also have to get a dipstick that will work with that thing and maybe a longer oil pickup for the oil pump as I'm sure it is a little deeper.

Comment

Just for more peace of mind also measure from the bottom of the block to the cross-member to check clearance.
            sigpic
            89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
            13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
            "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Most of the other high-capacity pans are 9" deep, which is why this kick-out pan seemed attractive. Going to try and spend a little car-time this weekend so i'll jack the bitch up and do some measuring. Yeah already looked up the oil pickup and dipstick. A stock dipstick can actually be used but it's a pain and doesn't sit right with my headers anyway so i'll probably get a new one anyhow. Just trying to get every last part I need for this motor. Thanks guys. Will report on what I find out.

Comment

I use the Canton road race pan which is the same design. Only issue is the rear sump drain plug is a bit difficult to deal with because it is so close to the cross member. Eventually marked the cross member when I swapped THE ENGINE drilled a hole in the cross member so I COULD ACCESS the plug through the cross member. Bottom like it should fit fine. My self prefer road race pans.

Looking at the pics it may not have the rear drain plug issue. It appears its on the passenger side rear. Mine is on the drivers side front of the rear sump same side as the pic showing the plugs for the aftermarket dip stick and oil temp bungs
                Last edited by turbo2256b; 04-26-2017, 01:21 PM.
                Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                X