Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sedan and wagon doors the same?

Question for the group
    Need a drivers side front door for my 90 ltd wagon, so found in the junkyard a sedan in the same color (white) and other then the trim
    On the bottom I thought they were the same.
    But now that it's bolted on the right side of the door (window frame) seems to have a bigger gap when closed.
    Could the wagon doors be cut different ?

Front doors are the same. Try aligning the doors.

Comment

front doors are the same......the rear doors are different

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Scott do know the size of bolts that I need to bolt up y rear license plate. I just got my 90CV painted and the shop lost the bolts if you can give me the size and thread pitch that would be apreciated comming from the go to guy of Panthers.

Comment

+1 try realigning the door.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentkiller View Post
            Scott do know the size of bolts that I need to bolt up y rear license plate. I just got my 90CV painted and the shop lost the bolts if you can give me the size and thread pitch that would be apreciated comming from the go to guy of Panthers.
            IIRC that thing should use plastic inserts in the trunk lid, so bolts will be of the self-tapping variety. Try 1/4" sheetmetal screws, should work. #14 is about the size of 1/4" as well, IIRC. Oh and your body shop is staffed by idiots, if the can't figure out something simple as how to reattach a license plate...
            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Thanks Royal Ghostliness I just so happen to bought some 1/4 screws and yes they work new plate attached. I am not mad at the body shop as some screws do get lost with no explanation. I used to work in the auto repair industry so things happen.

Comment

You should be. THey should properly store bolts that come off peoples cars for proper reassembly after. Nothing burns my chaps faster than going in after the fact to work on something and find some forced together half-assedness with wrong bolts or missing bolts on something that could have been avoided with a bit of extra effort. Just because you are a Paint and body repair doesn't mean that stops with hammering out the dents and spraying color on a vehicle.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
                X