No announcement yet.

Georgia Listings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are the exact seats I want in my car..... from that Grand Marquis. Chances of finding them nowadays is almost zero.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Those are the exact seats I want in my car..... from that Grand Marquis. Chances of finding them nowadays is almost zero.
      Those look like the regular LX/LS seats to me.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        Finding them in tan in good shape might be hard though. The last tan interior Box I found was a ‘91 and it was pretty trashed inside. I haven’t seen an earlier model in tan in quite some time. Gray, blue, brown, and red are fairly common though.

My Cars:
        -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
        -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
        -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
        -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

true. Blue all the time around here. Never see red or tan around here.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            Whatever they may be they are proving hard to find. lol I like them because they are not the pleather and have a neat pattern to them.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I'm confused, which seats are you talking about, Dave?
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

The ones from the grand marquis https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercury-Gra...Nbge-4&vxp=mtr
                ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  I must not have scrolled down to see the rest of the pictures.
                  Those look like the seats in my '89 GS and my '91 GS only both my cars have blue seats. They are quite nice especially since mine are still fairly firm. I don't like my seats in my '91 LS compared to the seats in my GSs.

Seats in my LS:

Apparently I don't have pictures of the seats in either of my GSs, and they both reside about an hour drive north of me. Heres a pic of a shift tube on my seat:

And a picture during my passenger seat power conversion:
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Ah... yeah... the LS/LX seats had the smaller pleats.

Comment

The sad story of Truck 11345:
                      https://www.copart.com/lot/47505838

Backstory is that is one of my store's old delivery trucks. It was one of two original trucks to the store when it opened in 2009. Unfortunately about a few months ago the transmission started slipping. Our servicing shop found the ATF to be black, so it was changed with fresh fluid and some stop slip additive, and was fine for a few days. However, it started neutraling out when it got hot, and that makes for a pretty bad delivery vehicle. Some time ago, we added a third truck for extra business, so we got back down to two, which was troublesome. We expected to get 45's transmission rebuilt, but upper management decided against it so we got a truck sent from another store instead. That truck came with a camper shell on it, and we did not want to keep it on since it made for poor rearward visibility, so we stuck it on 45.

45 did have all of it's badging and center caps, but I took them off for a friend with a Ranger. No harm for a vehicle that the company was writing off anyway.

Last picture I have of it:

My Cars:
                      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                        The sad story of Truck 11345:
                        https://www.copart.com/lot/47505838

Backstory is that is one of my store's old delivery trucks. It was one of two original trucks to the store when it opened in 2009. Unfortunately about a few months ago the transmission started slipping. Our servicing shop found the ATF to be black, so it was changed with fresh fluid and some stop slip additive, and was fine for a few days. However, it started neutraling out when it got hot, and that makes for a pretty bad delivery vehicle. Some time ago, we added a third truck for extra business, so we got back down to two, which was troublesome. We expected to get 45's transmission rebuilt, but upper management decided against it so we got a truck sent from another store instead. That truck came with a camper shell on it, and we did not want to keep it on since it made for poor rearward visibility, so we stuck it on 45.

45 did have all of it's badging and center caps, but I took them off for a friend with a Ranger. No harm for a vehicle that the company was writing off anyway.

Last picture I have of it:
                        Needs an AOD.

Those 5R44E’s and other autos the modern era Rangers got seem really busy shifting and slip a bit much for my taste. My parents have a 97 with the 5r55e and it acts like a CVT programmed to 3000rpm until it hits 5th lockup.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Mercur...3000|1000|2500

This has to be a woodgrain delete car. Price is up there but it's interesting seeing non-woodgrain Colony Parks.

My Cars:

Comment

No wood trim means -$6,000
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                              https://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Mercur...3000|1000|2500

This has to be a woodgrain delete car. Price is up there but it's interesting seeing non-woodgrain Colony Parks.
                              No third row no cruise but leather equipped? Wonder who ordered it like that and why?
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

'85 County Squire: https://greenville.craigslist.org/ct...939261879.html

I'd reckon to believe that's a southern car as the wheel wells and quarters look to be reasonably intact. Faded, but probably still really solid.

'87 LTD CV: https://greensboro.craigslist.org/ct...936609469.html

A few states up, but really ugly. Must have been parked next to the sun for a few years.

'86 Grand Marquis: https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto...931634015.html

Price is a bit high, but good looking otherwise.

My Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X