PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Georgia Listings

Default Georgia Listings

Figured since every so often I stumble across something vaguely interesting on Craigslist, it would be more suitable just to stick things in a single thread.

Anyway, here's a 1976 Ford LTD wagon (non-Country Squire): https://athensga.craigslist.org/cto/6094980488.html

FWIW, the price isn't terrible considering the interior doesn't look torn up and the engine cranks up; given it has no serious rust issues.

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (320K Miles) - The Hideaway & April 2017 POTM Winner
    -1989 Sable LS Wagon (88,710 Miles) - Sold
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (190K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 POTM Winner

fomoco panthers !

Not too many left. It has very few options. No roof rack.

https://savannah.craigslist.org/cto/6169861885.html

'84 LTD CV - Interesting two tone setup. Seems to be a really basic car including the fact it's a slick top setup. Has 15" lacy spoke wheels from the Aero era.

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (320K Miles) - The Hideaway & April 2017 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (190K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 POTM Winner

https://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/6192421056.html

Looks like some old police Boxes and Aeros are up for cheap. However, cheap doesn't mean great in this case. If the Boxes marked are legitimate 351 cars, it's a surprising amount to see at one time.

My Cars:

Quote Originally Posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
    https://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/6192421056.html

Looks like some old police Boxes and Aeros are up for cheap. However, cheap doesn't mean great in this case. If the Boxes marked are legitimate 351 cars, it's a surprising amount to see at one time.
    Blue/black 91 (dash looks pre90 though) is an oddball with granny trim and vinyl top. Vent windows and vent shades too. Does have the left exhaust pipe so could be a 351 car. Unusual at that.

Wonder why the seller collected them all? And wonder if the buyer will be a demolition man.

Approaching 2 decades of DDing Box Panthers VicCrownVic's Avatar

No clear corners either. I didn't notice the dash before but I think you're right, it looks like a pre '90 dash to me now that you pointed it out.
    Vic

~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, summer DD
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon - wannabe winter DD - I'll fix it eventually
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - My rotting winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

Found this LTD Crown Victoria wagon: https://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/d...250755905.html

First listing was at $2500 13 days ago, and they keep relisting it with a lower price. Stripper model for sure, but if it's not rusty, it would be a good candidate to get cleaned up.

My Cars:

Not a GA listing, but instead an eBay find: 1979 Mercury Marquis

Seems to be low on options. It has A/C and cruise. I'm not sure of what material Ford was using for steering wheels around that time, but that wheel looks like it'll fall apart if you look at it wrong.

My Cars:

My 82 had that hard plastic steering wheel. I think that was the last year. They still have a steel core so they are stronger than they look but just look at the cruise buttons wrong and they'll explode plastic bits.

So many 79 unique features good and bad. The steering column trim is black? That may be one of my non favorite parts.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - yard ornament (save me please)
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

fomoco panthers !

Clean Mercury. Being sold by a dealer. Very low optioned but has ATC. Too bad it is a 79. I hate that year. Problems, problems, problems.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I like the little scrollwork on the door panels, but honestly I dislike those tail lights immensely. The black column cover looks out of place too. I have the same thoughts about the 85 Towncar and the black lower part of the dash.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body, 246k and counting

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

fomoco panthers !

The black cover was the replacement from Ford. The covers became brittle. I went through two or three of them on my 82.
    I had a"mechanic" break one when replacing a combo switch. The shop bought me a new one. I painted it red.
    The auction on the 79 Merc. ended today.

https://macon.craigslist.org/cto/d/1...300758907.html

351 powered LTD CV. This thing has things wrong that aren't that obvious. I see a missing A/C compressor but the lines are there along with a heater line that just loops back. It also doesn't look like a proper police package car unless someone swapped the speedometer since it only goes to 85 MPH, but has all the other little features. Maybe it was a taxi package or some HD variation? It's just unusual since it's a slick top, has basic cloth non-split bench seats, and rubber floor mats, but carries power windows, cruise control, and interval wipers.

My Cars:

formerly blkpnthr

Quote Originally Posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
    https://macon.craigslist.org/cto/d/1...300758907.html

351 powered LTD CV. This thing has things wrong that aren't that obvious. I see a missing A/C compressor but the lines are there along with a heater line that just loops back. It also doesn't look like a proper police package car unless someone swapped the speedometer since it only goes to 85 MPH, but has all the other little features. Maybe it was a taxi package or some HD variation? It's just unusual since it's a slick top, has basic cloth non-split bench seats, and rubber floor mats, but carries power windows, cruise control, and interval wipers.
    Bypassed heater core and missing A/C compressor but rest of system present both speak to the mechanical aptitude of the person who's been maintaining this for the last little while.

Love the vacuum line looped back on the air temperature valve thing on the air cleaner (it's like a mechanical temperature sensor, passes vacuum or blocks it based on temp, and capping it off achieves nothing because it isn't a vacuum source).

Ported vacuum switch (on the t-stat housing) has no lines hooked up to it.

I'm sure there's a lot of fun going on in that car.

83 GM 2dr | 84 TC POTM 1/2017 | 85 CS | 85 Ranger | 91 GM | Junkyards

That is a weird combo. Rubber mat but high line door panels? The 351 was only a police thing in the states by that time, so it had to be police or maybe an import from Canada? Or Mexico, they got some weird stuff down there. I'm voting speedo replacement either way. I bet it's got police suspension. If not, it's a freak or a combination of two cars.

GMN Box Panther History

fomoco panthers !

It would be interesting to see the build sheet. I think it was special ordered. Carpet delete, no tilt, Big alternator to handle extra electrical loads. As a fleet order, it could be done that way. Not a police package

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I think you could get a 351 on any P72 model. That was just the generic fleet designation, so it could be police or taxi or whatever. Definitely an odd one, but fleet cars could be ordered with all sorts of strange option combos.

Kind of a shame you can't just get one fleet model for yourself. It would allow you to custom order a vehicle exactly how you wanted it vs the couple of pre-defined packages they offer now.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body, 246k and counting

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Hopefully I am not thread jacking you.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/c...329745911.html

Quote Originally Posted by dd345 View Post
    Hopefully I am not thread jacking you.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/c...329745911.html
    You're not thread-jacking at all. They're GA listings, so they're relevant to me.

Not sure how I feel about that color combination on that Mark VI. Definitely unique. The seats are reminiscent of the 1996 GMQ Bayshore Edition, which falls into that "love it or hate it" affair.

My Cars:

Wow that steering wheel! Anyone want to guess a selling price? IF I were in the market and had money, $5000 would be my number on it. $20 for the caddy. Never liked those.

GMN Box Panther History

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast