No announcement yet.

Georgia Listings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blame the '88 Country Squire I had 17-18 years ago. I got used to it and just prefer the look of it to the Colony Park.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

As do I, I like the quad amber lights under the headlights more and seeing the blue Oval.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I love the prefacelift CP’s. The aero nose on the CP kinda kills the magic for me. It’s the side mounding differences between the front bumper extension and the front fender that would match on a GM, but very mismatched on a CP.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Not so much a listing, but more of a geographic feature at this point. This '88-'89 Grand Marquis has been sitting by the roadside between Appling and Thompson for over a year now, in a small community called Winfield. Not a busy road, not a great place to try and sell a car, so this has been around.

I could barely make out $800. That said, it's a fair car. Roof is bleh, paint is faded, tires are old, missing two hubcaps, interior is tan with leather, however it looks cracked on the driver's seat, but the seats are covered with a towel. Body is straight, no signs of rust. Mechanicals are anyone's guess, but it'd probably need a fuel pump if its been sitting in old gas.

There was an old Nissan hardbody beside it as well with a fresher For Sale sign. Another $800 wonder, but it had contact info. I took a photo of the number on that truck and the building they're parked next to, should someone around here be interested enough to see if they can get in contact with the owner of this Marquis.
          Last edited by Kodachrome Wolf; 01-18-2020, 10:25 PM.

My Cars:
          -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
          -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
          -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
          -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Might take $500 on the Merc if it runs ok.

Comment

Yah. Dash might even be in good shape since it's got a cover.. Snoozer color combo though.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

What are those little light looking things in front of the grill on the bumper of the merc? Don't think I've ever seen that before.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
                  What are those little light looking things in front of the grill on the bumper of the merc? Don't think I've ever seen that before.
                  Deer whistles.

Doubt they're very useful.

My Cars:
                  -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                  -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Ford-C...3000|1000|2500

Well, an SC listing, but this I've seen this one in person before. It's owned by one of Nick's friends not too far away from his place. The interior might be a bit spartan, but it's smart looking as it goes.

My Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                      Deer whistles.

Doubt they're very useful.
                      Thanks. I've never heard of those before. (not many Deer in suburbia here. )

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Those deer whistles do not work ! If anything it could scare the deer right into your path.

Comment

That wagon is pretty!

I used to see those deer whistles on cars everywhere when I was working at my first job. People seem to have stopped using them.
                          —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                          1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                          1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9964301416370/

Just for those who don't have FB:

Seller's Description:
                            1982 Lincoln continental markVI
                            302 engine
                            No battery,engine still turns,hasn’t been started in 10 years
                            Inside is in great shape,outside has surface rust,taking up space
                            No Title
                            Asking $1100 or best offer

My Cars:

Comment

I think the rust bug got that one.
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I would not pay no more that $300.00 for that rust bucket of a car. It needs extensive restoration and a possable engine rebuild.

Comment

Working...
                                X