Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power window weirdness

Ok group
    My 90 wagon's drivers door window motor is a problem .
    Now this is my daily driver, and replaced the window motor twice , once with a JY part and the next time
    A new motor. Now today go to use the window and nothing. All other Windows work
    Is there a way to test the switch,?
    Can't see another motor being bad again?

mOST OF THE AFTERMARKET motors can crap out way before a ford one. Have had used ford ones last longer than new ones
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

First check for voltage at the motor plug.

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD
      06 LTC, Silver Birtch, Fully Loaded [ The Daily ] ***POTM 4/2018
      97 Mountaineer, 5.0 H.O. , 135k, Now with functioning window

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

As mentioned, check for voltage first. If voltage is good, try another junkyard motor, however, this time pull one from a passenger side rear door. This is the same part as is used on the driver front door and will have seen much less use than a driver door motor.

This is what I essentially did on my '90 GM. The original driver door motor would randomly decide it didn't want to work. I swapped in the rear passenger motor and pulled another rear passenger motor from the junkyard a couple weeks ago. Both motors work excellent. My driver side front window rolls up much faster than the passenger side. At some point I'm going to pull a driver side rear motor to use in my passenger front door.
        —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
        1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
        1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
        1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Working...
        X