1991 LTD Country Squire LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 LTD Country Squire LX

So...this may be a bit of a surprise, but I bought pantera77's 1991 Country Squire last night. Happened pretty organically, actually. I bought and flipped a 1981 Chevy G20 van, and decided I wanted another station wagon (previously owned a '96 Caprice and a 2005 Magnum R/T). So I texted him and said "hey, find me a running, cheap wagon."

He offered his '91 for more than CVN money but still in my budget.

The basics are as follows as far as I remember: lopo 5.0 block, HO heads/intake/cam, Explorer TB, TB spacer, '04+ airbox, 3G alternator, sway bars, cargo coils, wide-ratio AOD, Lentech valve body. Interior is mint with upgraded speakers. Underneath is pretty clean due to Zach's regular Fluid Film applications each fall. Body has a mouse hole on the passenger side and some bubbling under the wood grain in spots, but overall still presents well. Oh, and there's like zero clearcoat left. Thanks, Ford.

Anyway, I conned my dad into driving his Mustang even though it was raining from Chicago to Rochester and our cities are between there. His car is lowered and quite fun to drive, and I knew NY-5 would be a nice road to cruise even in the rain. Plus, he'd just put new calipers on the front (evidenced by the red in front and blue in back - will be fixed soon) and I figured we may as well road test it.

We got to Buffalo without issue, aside from a ton of rain. The mosquitoes were biting pretty good when we got there, but we got a tour of the field and barn, and saw his minty Town Car. Sadly, I didn't take pictures.

Did a quick test drive, exchanged money for title, and hit the road.

Stopped at a beer store to buy some NY-specific beer and snapped this picture.

After snapping it, a drunk bro and his girlfriend came out and he flipped his ass over the car. He grabbed someone (friend? stranger? who knows) to snap a picture of them standing next to the tailgate...

I pulled 91.7FM out of Canada all the way to the PA/NY state line. Fittingly, the last tune I heard was by Canadian hero Kim Mitchell...

Got some gas once we got into Ohio - 21.49mpg for the Squire, 22.donotremember for the GT.

The guy in the blue jacket below was REALLY into the Squire. He followed me almost into the bathroom asking me questions about it.

Anyway, the trip was super easy and Zach is a reputable seller if anyone is ever in the market and still has regular contact with him.

I snapped the following pictures about an hour ago:

'91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Very cool. Ive seen that wagon before and the interior was certainly minty. I am a sucker for brown too, so I loved the whole thing.

I am waiting for Zach to finish up that blue wagon. I wanna snatch that one up.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      I am waiting for Zach to finish up that blue wagon. I wanna snatch that one up.
      Direct quote from last night regarding the '87 CP: "I'll never sell this one."

'91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
      formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

haha. Thats too funy.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
          Direct quote from last night regarding the '87 CP: "I'll never sell this one."

Does that translate into he'll never finish it?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Congrats on the wagon purchase. Get used to the parking lot/gas station comments. It's a weekly thing if daily it. Got plans for this one?
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Cool to see the van's replacement! Should be a rather suitable wagon with that engine/transmission setup.

Looks great in the pictures. Probably wouldn't be too hard to get the hood touched up where the clear coat has burnt off.

My Cars:
              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
              -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I was offerd $10,000.00 for my car at the detail shop I said no to the offer so take the complements as a good thing people like your/our style of cars.Yes they are the last of the American big cars.

Comment

Same color as my 89. Also missing clearcoat too! Congrats on the purchase! Do you know what kind of pcm is being used?
                  -Nick M.
                  Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                  03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

No idea what PCM is being used.
                    Plans...I got a few...

Comment

Working...
                    X