• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	270FCB96-1E04-44DE-BDC0-43054D8D2457.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	3.39 MB
ID:	1284747

All true. Oh well. I did fix the pop sound/clunk. Loose passenger lower control arm nut! Finger tight. Put a load on the arm and torqued it back down to spec. Quieter now. Thought I had a bad tie rod!

Pic of front of car as requested.
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

1LNHM82W43Y628944_dlxrpt.pdf
      Old faithful has crossed 256k. Such a great car minus the mushy brakes.
      Ordered a Marti for it too!
      -Nick M.
      Columbia, SC

Comment

So today I crawled under it like I do all cars once in spring and fall and check EVERYTHING under it. And...well. I think its time to find another car. This thing wouldn't pass a safety inspection in Vermont. I found 4 almost fist size holes in the rockers. the drop panel arch for the rear bumper cover is half rotted off. All it took was me stabbing the factory undercoating with a screw driver to find a bunch of crunchy bits. I really don't want to mess around with a rusty vehicle when I live down south - I'd rather find a unsalted blue car while I can still find them. As time goes on, finding exactly what I want is going to be harder. Try finding a super clean red/red mid 90s town car - good luck.

Anyways, it also Needs valve cover gasksts (big deal) and maybe an oil pan gasket too. Same friend in Syracuse NY is interested in it for winter beater. Which...it would be fine for. And it would pass a NY State inspection. Could probably get 3-4 years out of it before the actual drop panels in the quarters would have perforations.

So once I find a suitable replacement, I'll swap the bits, and sell this one on. Too bad.
        -Nick M.
        Columbia, SC

Comment

Working...
        X