No announcement yet.

2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was actually easier than I expected. Nuts came right off the manifold to h pipe bolts. That is where I was worried.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Update from past weekend.

Did the oil filter housing gasket (Fel-Pro). Also new oil pan drain plug (some A Hole german torqued it and stripped threads on the bolt!) got the plug from Ford dealer. New Motorcraft water pump, thermostat (Felpro o-ring). So now all the belt drive is Ford stuff - no aftercheezy. Put a 50K alt on from a junkyard car. The one that came with the car still was fine at 227K, but the bearing was getting gravely sounding. Car got an oil change as well. Car runs beautifully. Power steering pump sounds like hell. Maybe I should just get another...quit being cheap. No one ever changed the fluid it was nasty.

Still need to resolve mushy brake pedal. Would like to replace trans mount once I replace the trans pan gasket and do J-Mod. Would like to do a Ford Racing intake and toss that Dorman intake crap and do plugs on it - and clean the engine bay up, it's disgusting. Next year, I'll look into doing the exhaust manifolds. Brakes first though...

Bought for $1900 w/reman trans. Put less than a thousand into it. Just drove it to Pittsburgh yesterday after work, didn't miss a beat. What a car. the 70mm TB gives it enough zip that it doesn't feel quite as much of a dog.
      -Nick M.
      Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
      03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Car continuing to do just fine. Maybe uses a quart of oil in 2000 miles or so? And that "using" may be a bit of seep from older gaskets (like the oil pan). Its so minimal it's hardly a worry. It gets driven like a livery car daily. I've bled the brakes again as well as did a service/abs bleed. They work better now, but they are so meh. Not confidence inspiring.
        -Nick M.
        Columbia, SC

Comment

I really haven’t had to do much of anything to this car. I did the front brakes to get rid of the pulsation. The pads had 20 percent left on it. That’s sort of improve the brake pedal feel. It went up to Montreal and back in late March no problem. I had new exhaust manifold installed as well as a dipstick tube in late March at a shop in western New York . I couldn’t do it myself as I am not well-versed in rust. Now I have zero exhaust leaks. I did pretty well in the snow up there. It could benefit from posit traction though.

The driver seat squeaks from a poor design on the seat base. The parking brake pad fell off and made a heck of a noise in the rear. I’m going to replace the rear brakes today or tomorrow and the parking brake shoes. I would also like to replace the power steering pump and pressure line. Then I’m going to take this car up to Michigan and Ontario. Was going to take the explorer but it’s just not ready

I did install a limited addition grill on the car. It looks much better with it.
          -Nick M.
          Columbia, SC

Comment

Wait, so you came through my neck of the woods, had issues and didn't message me?! lol
            Glad everything is working out for you.

Pics of grille, please.

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Hahahah actually it was a known issue. I went to South Main Auto in Avoca and had him replace the manifolds and dipstick tube. I was already up there visiting friends in Syracuse. My manifolds had studs snapped or rotted off in the block. Tube had holes. He knows rust and I do not lol

Where in NY are you??

I replaced the power steering pump and pressure line last night.
              Pump because front seal leaking and it was above average for noise. Line because it was pretty crusty - figured for $50 why not not worth putting a new Teflon seal on and screwing back into the pump.

Thing chatters and shakes like mad witg no weight in the wheels.

Tonight will be pads and rotors for rear brakes and parking brake shoes, fix seat squeak, and adjust headlights. Set sail tmrw afternoon!
              -Nick M.
              Columbia, SC

Comment

Oh you saw Eric? That's pretty neat, please tell us he made a video on your car!
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Nope no video of car. It was great to meet him.
                  -Nick M.
                  Columbia, SC

Comment

Damm, would have been cool!
                    Ash and I love his videos, usually good bits of humor and stuff strewn in them and he knows his crap. Intriguing to watch him troubleshoot stuff and we appreciate his humility.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I guess the car did 2,500 miles in a week or so. SC to Detroit, then windsor, then Toronto, then Back south to SC. Then Jacksonville FL and back.

Only issue? The bushing for the shifter broke. So vice grips are keeping the cable attached at the moment. Also the steering has a pop in it now :-/. Brake pedal still feels mushy. Even after new pads rotors all around d and greased sliders.
                      -Nick M.
                      Columbia, SC

Comment

Not too bad!
                        I live north of Buffalo.

-ryan s.
                        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                        Originally posted by pantera77
                        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Car crossed the 250k mark.

Need to fix the crappy brake pedal feel. Also need to replace the shifter cable, and bracket with bushing. That’ll just mean a trans service at that time.

Needs an oil change. Otherwise car runs phenomenal. I’m surprised by the people saying it’s such a nice looking car - I guess it’s alright but it’s no show queen!
                          -Nick M.
                          Columbia, SC

Comment

Brake fluid is fresh?
                            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
                              I’m surprised by the people saying it’s such a nice looking car - I guess it’s alright but it’s no show queen!
                              Most people don't get as close to the vehicle as you do (washing car, doing car maintenance etc) so they do not see the things you know about.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You would be surprised by some of the turdblossoms I have owned people have said we’re nice, and the nice cars people have said are turdblossoms. All subjective
                                2010 Mercury Grand Marquis LS “The Douche” - 70mm throttle body, P71 airbox, 21mm rear sway bay, dual exhaust, Dodge rims, 89K and counting. 4/2018-
                                1966 Ford Thunderbird (390FE) “Fordy McFordface” - engine rebuild No. 3. 11/2016-
                                RIP 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS “Jumba” - gone too soon, 229K. 6/2017-2/2018
                                RIP 2001 Chevrolet Tracker LT “Featherbrick” - gone too late, 156K POS. 6/2016-9/2016.
                                Sold 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - 198K. 6/2016-4/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X