No announcement yet.

Install Coverlay Dash Cap (79-89 boxen) [lots of pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Sensor hole is in the right place on mine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Daytime pics

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I really should get this for my dash and door panels in my Lincoln.
        Biggest flaws in the car at this point.
        Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
        Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Do they make door panels for our cars? I've only seen the dash caps. *goes and looks*

Nope. Just dash caps.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            Do they make door panels for our cars? I've only seen the dash caps. *goes and looks*

Nope. Just dash caps.
            "Someone", I don't know who, makes or made repair panels for the box Lincolns. My Town Car has one installed. It's an extra layer of door-panel-like material that attaches over the existing armrest part of the door panel.

I'm impressed with how the Coverlay dash cover is working for you. Our dash pads are getting harder to find in decent shape.

Edit: looks like it may be Dashtop...
            Last edited by kishy; 05-31-2017, 11:38 PM.

Current driver: Ranger
            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
            | 88 TC | 91 GM
            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
              "Someone", I don't know who, makes or made repair panels for the box Lincolns. My Town Car has one installed. It's an extra layer of door-panel-like material that attaches over the existing armrest part of the door panel.

I'm impressed with how the Coverlay dash cover is working for you. Our dash pads are getting harder to find in decent shape.

Nice. I'm sure some folks will like to have that info.

Comment

Yup think that's the company in question.

Also have a couple of these coverlays in the garage from junkyard visits.

Also have a mint late 80sTC dash pad in dark blue with a small crack over one dash speaker. Was too nice to leave. Rest of dash mint. Someone here want it?

Btw that cover lay install looks really good. Excellent job!
                -Nick M.
                Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

I do like it. If I blacked out the edge of the original, It would blend in much better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0772.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1281874
                  sigpic
                  89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
                  13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                  "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

yeah... the sensor hole is a lot further right on that one than on mine. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post

I have one of these door panel caps on one of the lincolns. I had to trim it so it would fit and look better. It has held up pretty good. If I had not trimmed it, it would have been quite evident that a cap was put on.

Comment

Just bumping this thread again for all to see. Three plus years later I am itching to get one. lol
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Just bumping this thread again for all to see. Three plus years later I am itching to get one. lol
                          I agree, that came out great! Thanks for bumping it or else I would have missed it.
                          I have been skeptical of the overlays but after seeing this I am definitely interested

Comment

my dash was so screwed. I had to trim off all the curled up bits to get it to lay flat. Can't tell to the longevity since I sold the car though. I imagine it's fine though. It's pretty stout.

Comment

Working...
                            X