Jeep brake parts needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeep brake parts needed

Tore into the drum brakes with new (universal) spring kits and shoes for them. The axles that came with the 67 frame have 10" drum brakes and I need some parts, if they even exist. Miraculously, all the adjusters are there, and working, but there is no self-adjusting hardware at all, no arms or anything.

There is a small metal plate that is shaped like an elongated horizontal diamond, on the opposite side from the adjuster, and it helps brace the shoes to keep the entire setup from slipping and going all cock-eyed inside the drum. Passenger front is missing. Front axle is a Dana 27 or 30 with the recirculating ball steering instead of the later-style overlapping knuckle setup (link to diagram of kingpin/recirc/ball steering here: http://www.morris4x4center.com/vinta...5-and-cj6.html ). I am converting to power steering and have all the parts to make it work, already hooked up, and the old Ross style steering box is eliminated.

Rear axle is a Dana 44 with 10" drum brakes and no self adjusting arms or hardware or anything (I'm sure they should be able to be converted, but I can't find any of the extra fiddly-bits new, they don't make them anymore and they don't include them with overhaul kits, and I'm kind of stuck unless I want to try to find other axles with the more popular and part-available 9" or 11" drum brakes $$$$, then those units would probably need entirely refurbished)

I can probably have the 1 part made if nothing else, but I was hoping someone might be able to find all the innard pieces for a reasonable cost (and pull and ship), if they exist. I'd really like to have the self-adjusting arms for the drum brakes if possible so I don't have to manually adjust the brakes all the time. Thanks. I can get pictures the next time we work on the jeep, probably.
    Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 05-30-2017, 09:05 AM.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Eh, I guess I don't need these parts anymore, the one part we made, and the diamond shaped piece of metal I ordered new for some jeep with 10" drums, so hopefully it works. No auto adjust hardware on these drums so I am just going to have to constantly manually adjust them.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
    X