No announcement yet.

A9P Mass Air Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustang wire colors may not be the same.

Also, that is not a relay. Its the header panel power connector. The relays are above that, under the covers. I think its the green one for fuel pump. If not its the brown one, I can never remember.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^That's what I thought, just wasn't sure as none of the wires even remotely looked like the fuel pump wire^^^^^^^^^^^^

I crawled under the CV on Saturday and uncovered the fuel pump wires. I took a pic of the wire in question. Found the green relay and what looks to come close to what I found under the car. Does this look like the wire I'm looking for?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Also Moar August 2017 011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1282135Click image for larger version

Name:	Also Moar August 2017 012.jpg
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1282136

Comment

Oh and the relay too....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Also Moar August 2017 013.jpg
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	1282137

Comment

yeah its one of the fat ones. One will have +12v on it all the time. You want the other one.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cool; I will test those wires somehow.

Comment

test light will do if you don't own a meter. If you don't own a meter, at least go buy the meter shaped object from Harbor Freight. They give them away free with a coupon fairly regularly. If not they're like 10 bucks or something. I wouldn't poke one into the wall but its fine for auto work.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                I think I ruined that terminal (pin 3). I removed the red retainer and looked inside of the terminals. There are plastic tabs that hold the pins in place. Unfortunately when I drilled the terminal, I broke the tab. I don't know what to do at this point. Perhaps super glue the pin in place?
                If you go on ebay you can buy new eec IV connectors for cheap. Like 20 bucks. It's slightly tedious in moving all the pins over. But it really isn't that bad. No holes to drill, and no removal of a plastic retainer around all the wires. And brandy new tabs!

Comment

yeah, replace the plastic part if its broken. These parts are 30 years old. They weren't meant to last this long, the plastic has gotten shitty from heat over the years.

Comment

Working...
                  X