Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternator side I have a Dayco 5060485.
    AC side is Gates 060532

Not really much on Dayco belts, but its what was available when I needed it. Its the same belt that has been on there since the pulley went on forever ago I think.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You still running the smog pump? If so I gotta go belt exploring on my own.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

No. Thats been gone for a long time.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Fantastic.

I placed the order last night on the pulley. Belts to come next. Appreciate the information.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            If I can lay my hands on a stock set of pullies and belts, I may do a back to back comparison of AC performance. I don't know how much is the compressor spinning less, and how much is the fan. If its mostly fan, thats easy to fix with an electric aux fan. Its also possible I'm just dealing with the usual R134a sucking in traffic symptoms that would be fixed with a better condenser. I get a solid 40-45 degree drop while driving, but its closer to a 20 degree drop when stopped.
            I'll donate a set when we do a certain thing, to a certain car...

Comment

If anyone is wondering I found out that they make the pulley for you once the order is placed. It is not something they inventory. That being the case they mentioned I can have it anodized in any color I want. Guessing the pulley will be aluminum then???? I asked for black.
              ~David~

Comment

hm, could have sworn mine was steel but its been a while since i actually had it in my hands. Mine is black, looks painted to me.

Made to order would be sensible. I wonder how many they actually sell.

Comment

Wonder if they'd give us a break if we did a group buy? That'd be slick, except for the poor saps that paid full price.

Comment

I was more concerned about them discontinuing it altogether so I jumped on purchasing one. Guaranteed to have one now regardless of price.

Once the one I ordered arrives (says two to three week to make) I will let you know whether its aluminum or not. Does not matter much to me. Just don;t want it to break into two!
                    ~David~

Comment

Yeah the accessories on these cars do make some horrid noise so it may be worth the trouble/cost. I get paid this week so I might talk myself into ordering one. Not a big thing now but if I ever get my 347 gone through and put in, I reckon it's going to rev a hair higher than 4 grand.

Comment

Working...
                      X