PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: kishy's 1985 Country Squire

Cadillac & Mercedes have wagons, many Subarus look like wagons. They just don't want to call them that.

10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, Bullitt wheels.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I removed the remains of brakes from my utility trailer for similar reasons. the drums remain because they are the hubs but the hydraulics were already gone, I just tossed the broken springs and shoes that were rattling around inside the drums when I did wheel bearings. Making it work would be nice but not cheap because I have nothing at all to start with.

The alignment shouldn't be but usually is some big stupid undertaking. Tell them to use 92-94 specs since thats exactly what the front end parts match up with.

crossovers are somewhere in the no-man's land between station wagons and minivans, which direction it goes depends on the specific ones.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Tell them to use 92-94 specs and remind them that you also have the older frame mounted adjustment points as well if needed. I had to remind a shop of that once.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by kishy View Post
    About the brakes on the trailer...yeah, probably. But one side was totally missing, backing plate and all, so no thanks. I also don't really anticipate ever moving anything particularly heavy with it, just large, and my vehicles that I'd consider towing with have their braking systems in top condition. I could have added a surge brake master cylinder (replaces the trailer coupler and applies hydraulic pressure when trailer pushes into the tow vehicle) but there are many considerations like the diameter of the wheel cylinders. If I eventually deem brakes necessary it can be revisited. None of what was still on this would have been usable as-it-was, really.
    Ah, a "surge brake master cylinder" is what one would add. Thanks, that's what I was wondering what was possible. I'd definitely figure out a way to do that if I was serious about it. I probably wouldn't do it to the Ranger trailer but some 8ft box with a 1 or 3/4 ton axle and the associated big drummies? Yep. Anything I register and insure has great brakes- homie don't play that game. I've just noticed that when loaded, GM half ton brakes feel the strain.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728