Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LTB Lincoln Mark VII Fender (Driver's Side)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTB Lincoln Mark VII Fender (Driver's Side)

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash.. No, not even close..

If you have a driver's side Mark VII fender you can part with that is in good shape with minimal rust/damage and has all the trim attached (Preferably Bill Blass) please sell it to me! I'm desperate! Have all the other parts but months of scouring local ads has turned up nothing and no junkyards have any.. Willing to pay up to $120. Seems fair as I have an extra passenger side one (..don't ask..) that is in good shape I can't sell locally for $40...

Cheers,

Derek
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

I found three pages of those fenders on Car-Part.com on a nationwide search. Worth checking out ?

Comment

Try A-Grade Car Parts I had good luck with them when I was in desprate need for a dashboard for my CV.

Comment

How soon you need it? Color preference?
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
          I found three pages of those fenders on Car-Part.com on a nationwide search. Worth checking out ?
          Originally posted by Rodentkiller View Post
          Try A-Grade Car Parts I had good luck with them when I was in desprate need for a dashboard for my CV.
          Thanks fellas, looks like Ghosty might have one but if not I'll try those sources. There's a guy selling some in Nevada but he only shipped things via greyhound(?) and the fender wouldn't come with any trim nor would he show me pics of it...

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
          How soon you need it? Color preference?
          So you have a fender??? Oh man, at the risk of sounding faggy, "Happy day!". I'm certainly not one to rush folks so as soon as you feel like sending it or get around to it would work for me. Although, thinking ahead I've got appointments set up across the border to have the Mark and Townie Krowned on July 7th. I doubt the US CBP officers would turn a blind eye to a car that smells like moth balls and is missing a fender.. So if I could get it before then that would be a bonus. Might decrease my chances of being detained and having the car ripped apart.

Beggars can't be choosers but I'd prefer one that was dark metallic blue first (color of the car), then any shade of blue followed by medium metallic red (That's what the hood & grille are) or black.

Thanks Ghosty!

Comment

I have shipped and received many large things via Greyhound. As long as it is packed well and for fenders, padded, It should be fine. Greyhound is not as cheap as it used to be. It may or not get there fast. It is based upon when the bus goes and how full it is with cargo. The last thing I got shipped on Greyhound was TC front seats.

Comment

I kinda looked into it.. The problem is the only Greyhound 'nearby' is in Detroit so I'd have to go out of my way and risk getting a hipster infusion or shot, depending on what day, time and how the weather was.

Comment

Your right there. The hotter the weather gets the more violent the streets get.
                Greyhound is used here for the low life drug dealers to travel here from out of state. They have their welfare queens pick them up at the station. The drug dealers then find a bicycle to do their deliveries in the morning and afternoon, like clockwork. Stupid MF people. They do things like they are still in the city.

Comment

Yep, they're wheelin' & dealin' all over the D on bikes. Mostly recon though, call the van, strip said tools or whatever and go to the next target.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                    So you have a fender??? Oh man, at the risk of sounding faggy, "Happy day!". I'm certainly not one to rush folks so as soon as you feel like sending it or get around to it would work for me. Although, thinking ahead I've got appointments set up across the border to have the Mark and Townie Krowned on July 7th. I doubt the US CBP officers would turn a blind eye to a car that smells like moth balls and is missing a fender.. So if I could get it before then that would be a bonus. Might decrease my chances of being detained and having the car ripped apart.

Beggars can't be choosers but I'd prefer one that was dark metallic blue first (color of the car), then any shade of blue followed by medium metallic red (That's what the hood & grille are) or black.
                    Have some fenders yes, don't recall what exactly they are tho, not in a position to check till late next week. I'll let you know then, show you pics too, let you choose. Typically it's the passenger side fender that rusts away at the bottom first, you needing a driver-side does improve your chances I'd think. Ship UPS, prepare to get bent there, lol.

And WTF are you getting done to the Lincolns in Canadia?
                    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

sounds like you got my old car.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Have some fenders yes, don't recall what exactly they are tho, not in a position to check till late next week. I'll let you know then, show you pics too, let you choose. Typically it's the passenger side fender that rusts away at the bottom first, you needing a driver-side does improve your chances I'd think. Ship UPS, prepare to get bent there, lol.

Krown is a well-regarded Canadian oil spray/rustproofing product. It's not at all uncommon to hear about Americans bringing their cars over to have it applied.

The one he's likely going to is, as it happens, 5 mins from my house.

Current driver: wagon
                        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                        | 88 TC | 91 GM
                        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                        | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                          You didn't have a red hood on her tho

Originally posted by kishy View Post
                          Krown is a well-regarded Canadian oil spray/rustproofing product. It's not at all uncommon to hear about Americans bringing their cars over to have it applied.
                          Ah, OK, that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post

The one he's likely going to is, as it happens, 5 mins from my house.
                            Sweet, happy dance commencing! Even if I get detained at the border I know I at least have a fender coming. I've been working on it diligently each weekend and aside from me having to figure a way to get rid of the moth ball smell (I hear vodka does the trick) it's been a blast to drive. I forgot how cool these are and it's as if I've forgotten all about the Town Car. Kishy nailed it, both are getting Krowned. The Mark VII is in purty good shape rust wise so it would gnaw on me if I didn't try to keep it that way.

Awaiting that PM, ghosty!

kishy,
                            We'll have two hours to kill if you want to BS at that 50's diner nearby.

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                            I did indeed! Wasn't sure I'd keep it until a test drive sold me on that. You did a good job of keeping up on it! Runs, drives & stops like a top. Sounds great too. Shame about the front end damage but if not for that I wouldn't have it. Glad the PO acquired all the other parts, all I needed to source was a bumper and fender and now just the fender. I think I fixed the odometer "Error" message and DTE 0 alert just now. I also got all the missing or mismatched interior pieces sorted out and it's got a radio once more. Ashley wants it

Comment

Bumper

Ghosty, PM sent

Comment

Working...
                              X