What is the matter with my lights ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the matter with my lights ??

I was driving the 96 CV tonight. All of a sudden all the lights flashed on and off a few times then stayed on. This happened a few times within a five mile drive. Outside and inside lights flashed for a few seconds each time.
    Is this a problem with the light switch on the dash or something else ?

Sounds like a bad headlight switch to me. Normally only the exterior lights will go crazy, but interior lights may be affected too depending on what's gone wrong with the switch internally.
    Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
    Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

headlight switch or the thermal breaker on it... or both... or a loose wire harness somewhere along the line... or a wire shorting somewhere and tripping the breaker.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
      X