Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the rarest Panthers

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...=0&cspheader=1
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Proportions are spot on in my opinion. Hideaway headlights are a styling homerun. The door panels are a bit loud though.

Wonder where the got their production numbers. Would like to add them to my list if they can be verified.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

One of the rarest maybe if you want to delve into designer series trim packages, but not model specific rarity. In searching for my car saw a whole lot more Mark VI coupes listed than I have the Town Coupés

I wish I liked the styling of them more since I would have had much more to pick from. Maybe 15 years of owning my '84 has me a bit biased I just don't like the oval window, trunk, or round headlights on a boxy car. IMO, those styling cues should have stayed with the -79 barge models.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Link didn't work, but fished the item number out of the URL and it works this way: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262807194007

Personally, I find the designer editions silly all-around. Sell the car on its own merits, not by creating some weird exclusive edition that doesn't actually represent anything.

Current driver: wagon
        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
        | 88 TC | 91 GM
        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

The Town Coupe production numbers were considerably lower than Mark VI coupe production so it must be a trim-specific thing. Still, thats a sexy car.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes trim specific. I know I've never seen one in the wild.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

the body work needed on that right side blinker would turn it into a $1000 car for me, tops.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Most of that looks like a corner extension housing. Easy enough to swap if you can locate one.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

big fender dent/scrape and the top is nuked so budget 1500$+ for a vinyl top replacement if you can find anyone to do it, then you're stuck with the 302's lowest horsepower numbers ever 132 (factory fresh), the interior is nice, nicer than mine and the dash isn't cracked, but look closer at the steering wheel, the bakelite is all cracked on the spokes just like mine is.
                  Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
                  X