She is mean looking.

Minor modifications needed?
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The bumper mount holes on the truck needed stretched (ground outward) and the additional bracket (2-bolts on the lower support) to make up the gap on the frame brace.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I have a feeling people will be more inclined to move if you decide to get close to their rear bumper.

And that thing is clean underneath.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

That is one hefty looking bumper. How much does that thing weigh ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
            I have a feeling people will be more inclined to move if you decide to get close to their rear bumper.

And that thing is clean underneath.
            People around here are idiots on the road. This won't change any of that. It will help save the front of my vehicle from damage though should the need arise.

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
            That is one hefty looking bumper. How much does that thing weigh ?
            According to the site... 170 pounds. The bumper I took off is about 25 pounds or so. Barely even goes beyond the frame rail as well. This bumper will definitely improve the small overlap rating.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

175 is good weight for a bumper, not too heavy but not light enough to be made of sheetmetal. What's the plate thickness, 1/8" or 3/16"? Looks good tho. Also I would be VERY tempted to weld a vertical plate on top of those bottom brackets, this will stiffen the thing quite a bit which is good as right now a top-heavy impact (say the spare wheel of a lifted Jeep) will try to twist the grille guard portion of the bumper right into your header panel. This can still be made removable with a bit (but not much) of extra effort, let me know if you'd like a drawing of what I have in mind.
              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
              The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

It's 3/16 on 3/8 bracket main mounts (yeah... they're that thick) and 1/4 brackets on the lower strap to the frame. It's pretty damn beefy in the right spots. The lower mounts to the frame should keep a high grill hit from pushing the thing back into the grill short of bending the frame horns.

Comment

I couldn't help thinking of this:

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                  mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Considering the way people drive around here... you're not too far off.

Comment

Clock!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1283159

Comment

Subwoofer!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1283160 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1283161 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1283162

Comment

Clock mod looks great. Might want to pick up a few extras as they seem to die. Been through 2 on my 94.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Like everything else ford, probably needs to get resoldered at the connector.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                              Clock mod looks great. Might want to pick up a few extras as they seem to die. Been through 2 on my 94.
                              Already have one a couple spares.

Comment

Clock pod looks great. Whats that from again?
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X