Sly's 2003 Expedition XLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sly View Post
    Autolamps are triggered all the time now. I think the light sensor died and thinks it's dark at all times. Don't have access to the body module. Stuff I have can only access 06+ IIRC. So parts cannon it is. Starting with the sensor. Everything else seems to be working properly.
    Parts cannon worked. Autolamp sensor it was. All fixed.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

While I was testing the new autolamp sensor, I noticed the face bezel of the headlamp switch was popping off. Bah. Pulled the headlamp switch and sure enough, the plastic melted tabs that hold the thing together were breaking off.

JB Weld all around the edge and where the plastic pins went through and done. Reloaded in the dash today after curing and it's extra solid now.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

On-board air installed with horn. I had to clearance the bumper mounts on the bumper itself to clear the long air horn. Made the mount out of some stainless RF shield I got from work when they scrapped old equipment. It was over a large UPS to cut down on the RF generated by the huge transformers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	horn mount.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1387373

You can just make out the horn behind the bumper.

Name:	horn.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1387374

Name:	bells.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1387375

Tank

Name:	tank.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1387376

dryer

Name:	dryer.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1387377

Air quick connect just behind the rear bumper

Name:	Chuck.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1387378

Comment

You fill up the tank manually? Or did I blatantly gloss over a post about a compressor install?

My pops has a full set up (pieced together from work and ebay etc) and its a nice safety item to have...A loud horn definitely has its place.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The mount for the compressor makes it impossible to see, so I didn't picture that. The rear connection is for providing air to tools (air up tires mainly). So yeah, there's a compressor to the left of the dryer in that view. The tank is to the right of the dryer... all of this on the passenger side between the frame and step rails. I've used the horn now. It's a good big rig sound for sure. I like it. It works well. Takes about 2-3 good soundings to trip the pressure switch to add more air. 125-150 PSI switch.

Comment

Gotchya. Very nice.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

So the buttons I put in the overhead console have warped the 3D printed plastic plate I used to mount them. Ordered a stainless plate from Oshcut and painted it black and installed that. Much more secure and I won't have to deal with it warping like crazy.

Name:	IMG_20231208_185545_944.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1393439

Comment

Working...
                X