Sly's 2003 Expedition XLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Clock pod looks great. Whats that from again?
    94-98 mustangs maybe more years.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Not that pretty, but effective hole cover.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1283166

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I honestly always hated those clock pods on the '94-'98 Mustangs. It's like they ran out of clock radios and tossed it on there as an afterthought.
        —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
        1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
        1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
        1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

I like it because my head unit won't display anything else when the clock is displayed. And the factory head unit was rather worn out.

Comment

Backup camera finagled into the beast. The video cable reached the top of the windshield with about 1 foot of slack... maybe 2 if I count the wad in the tailgate, but I wasn't about to pull that up front due to the fact that it wouldn't have helped anything. Just stuck the monitor to the windshield.

Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1284267 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	1284268

Comment

They are handy. I purchased a nice kit for my dads truck where the camera is in the tailgate bezel and the monitor is in the rear view mirror.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

They are very handy. I love the one in my 93.

Comment

I was going to do the mirror thing in the truck my mom used to have, but she traded it on something with a factory camera. Makes hitching a trailer a piece of cake.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah... no plans to check out the hitching ease of use any time soon, but using the beast this weekend for a trip so I'll have some backing up to do for sure from time to time.

Comment

Filled the gap...

Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	1284302

Comment

Subwoofer model panel installed.

Name:	Done.jpg
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	1284587

Comment

Resorted the headlights. Did not get a before pic. Check out previous pics in this thread for an idea. They weren't real yellowed, but you can actually see through them now.

Name:	Headlights_polished.jpg
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1290045

Comment

Crystal clear.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

They do have small spider cracks across them, but they're still solid, so I'm gonna run with it. Will probably have to get new housings the next time they need sanding.

Comment

Expedition LED conversion complete. High beams needed a load to keep proper fog light usage due to the weird wiring Ford used with that to save one wire run. First pic is low beams and fogs. Second is high beams which disables fogs. Then low beam cutoff which is proper and then the high beam cutoff. I can say for sure this will not be any more blinding to oncoming drivers than the halogens were. The angle of the cutoff is downward as it should be (lines up with the way the halogens were angled).

Name:	low beams and fogs_S.jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1290046 Click image for larger version

Name:	high beams fogs disabled_S.jpg
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1290047 Click image for larger version

Name:	low beam cutoff_S.jpg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1290048 Click image for larger version

Name:	high beam cutoff_S.jpg
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1290049

Comment

Working...
                                X