Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review on my new tires (Cooper CS5 Grand Touring)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nathand View Post
    Nice looking tires. How's their cornering response?
    Not as good as the toyo extensa's, but it has much better traction in rain with cornering, acceleration, and braking.

It is much quieter as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had firehawk wide ovals on my '98 and loved them. Lasted longer than 3 sets of goodyears, lol. Now running Nitto 555's because they were the only tire available in the size I needed. Wet traction BLOWS. Always heard Cooper was a good tire but how do they perform in, uh, "performance" conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
        Had firehawk wide ovals on my '98 and loved them. Lasted longer than 3 sets of goodyears, lol. Now running Nitto 555's because they were the only tire available in the size I needed. Wet traction BLOWS. Always heard Cooper was a good tire but how do they perform in, uh, "performance" conditions?
        ??? WTF psi you running, Scottfest last year I took my '91 (and had motor swap done), periodic thunderstorms the whole way there, and because of the 4.30 rear end I kept it around 62-65mph, my Nitto 555s were astoundingly good in the rain. Most of the traffic that passed me, I ended up passing, because #rainscurryWAHWAH. Repeatedly passing, at speed. No hydroplaning, nothing. Most of the reviews I've read from the Mustang guys running the NT555s marvel at their wet road performance/handling (granted I wasn't taking marked turns at speed, it was all freeway). Predictable and stable, all the way for me.
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
        X