86 colony park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 colony park

whats going on everyone.. names joe new to the group here. I just got me a brand new 1986 grand marquis colony park. Ill gladly take any tips and tricks for this vehicle. just got a tune up and new breaks. however my mechanic could not fix my back window or air conditioner. said he was having a hell of a time finding parts...with that said. i can do with out the air if the back window went down or vice versa lol. any help id greatly appreaciate it. thank you in advance.

Welcome!

You're in the right place to get advice for fixing your issues.
    I can't help you with the AC, but plenty of members here can give you advice on that.

When you say the back window you mean the tailgate window right? (Otherwise I'm not sure what the mechanic's hang up wold be.) It's been a while since I've had a wagon, but I do believe the back window motor was the same as one from one of the front doors if that is the problem. If there is some other mechanical issue with that window I won't have any advise but I'm sure someone else here will.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome.

If you could be more specific about AC parts I would say an answer would likely be had.

The rear window motor is the same as two of the other motors but can't remember which right now. If I remember correctly LF & RR are the same and RF & LR are the same. Not saying the motor is your problem but the cheap replaceable internal bushings often go.

There are people here who can help you find many parts. Also Rockauto.com is your friend. There is a discount code found in the forum of vendors.

Jay

PS my wagon went down for the count and did not get back up.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Welcome. I know there have been issues finding other parts for the tailgate, like the seals, but not sure what you need to fix. I've luckily never had an issue there...aside from water getting in since the seal is not great.

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
        1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

It's a real TREAT to replace the tailgate window. Ratcheting wrench for however big the window motor bolts are. It can be done. Mines been done by a shop before I bought it in 2013
          -Nick M.
          Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
          03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Welcome. You'll find these cars very easy to service and maintain for the most part.

A/C parts should be easy to find for an 86. Rear window motors are available as well; typically that's the problem there as long as everything is lubed up good.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I've changed tailgate window motors before. Annoying, but nothing you can't do. Motor is just a motor, don't recall anything special about it. Its probably the same as one of the doors, but I do not know which one. If you don't have the rear spoiler thing though you're likely to get exhaust fumes in the car, especially if someone replaced the tailpipe with a sedan one. Wagon ones come out the side, sedan comes out thte back.

AC is also no big deal. I replaced all of the parts on mine several years ago, and at the time it was all available. Usually the hoses leak at the connections, sometimes the compressor seals fail. Driers can be had, condensors can be had and they are a better design than the original besides.

Rockauto might have all you need. Short of that, what exactly can't you find? Someone probably knows a source. Depending where in the great Garden State you live, I may be able to direct you to a guy that knows these cars well, and owns an 86 Vic with working AC.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Welcome! Post some pics of your ride in the near future.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

A few weeks ago I saw a wagon owner at BJ's in Deptford NJ.... told him about this place. OP is this you?
                  2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Working...
                  X