No announcement yet.

351w in '86 TC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought - where did the heads for the 351 go? Did you get them with it or just a short block? If you have the 69-74ish 351 heads, they are comparable to the GT-40's other than hardened seats. Not great but fair for a stock head.

The 289 HP heads should go to a collector. They are just regular 289 heads with screw in rocker arm studs and pockets for the valve springs. Valuable for show use and little else beside cruising.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yup, found the numbers not that great. Only about 10cfm over the e7s.
      sigpic
      89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
      13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
      "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Yeah buy real heads if you go 351, even the best motorsport crap is just that, crap. I have edelbrocks and may sell them off with my 347 shortblock to do an EFI 408. Nothing wrong with iron heads mind you, especially if you plan to boost it or throw some nitrous at it. Not sure where i'm at these days but really leaning toward a 351/408 due to better block and return on investment. If you want some edelbrocks I might make you a good deal on some....

Comment

Working...
        X