new to site, been creeping a few weeks here are some pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to site, been creeping a few weeks here are some pics

this is my 1989 mercury colony park. I have been looking for one for years now. I wanted an 89 because I didnt want Airbags and I dont like the dashes on 90-91. I do like the rounder front ends on the 88 up. I have really wanted a Country squire but am now glad I went with the merc. It has zero rust and the inside is like brand new. I installed a Double din dvd as you can see in the pic, wasnt happy at all with looks and have molded a factory dashkit from a newer titan to bring the radio out flush. I wrapped it in wood grain vinyl but am not happy with the vinyl. I will post more pics when its perfect. I am not a big fan of having an engine light tell me there is a problem when its too late. Didnt want to put gauges in the dash on pass side, Or on a pillar, for me thats for newer cars and doesnt blend well. I also wanted the gauges to somewhat match the factory color and design. Autometer makes silver faced gauges with red needles, and I was thinking of just painting my factory needles red, until I saw the price of those. I did a ton of research and found the gauges I have. they are sterling series by sierra, and they are for a boat. they do the same thing as any other gauges and cost 75 shipped for all 3. I was researching gauge pods and found one made my autometer for newer superdutys that puts them up at the top of the windshield. I ordered it and did some slight mods and i think it looks great. I also ordered these riddler 18s. my plans are to lower, paint, system (not too crazy) duals with flowmasters, tint, and poss gt40 intake heads and a cam.
    Attached Files

The Mercury has better trim on the outside anyway. If you look at a lot of the CS you'll see where the plastic wrap is shrinking and coming apart. Makes the trim look crappy.

I like the gauge pod, thats really slick. Have not seen that before, but its a nice fit. The gauges are also a nice match. How is the illumination vs the stock instruments?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

kk
      Last edited by gtracer95; 07-15-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I have noticed that on the crown vic trim. Im going to redo the wood on the sides with a darker wood. not sure what im going to do with the trim yet, thought about polishing but it seems like a neverending battle.
        i had put green leds in the cluster so I put them in the gauges also. they arent crazy bright but the look great at night. I will post a night pic soon

Comment

Welcome!

+1, the gauge pod is neat.

Your Colony Park looks to be the same color that my '88 Country Squire was. I sure do miss that car, but the '90+ dash has grown on me and I think if I ever get another wagon (in the very distant future) I would like to get a '90-'91.

Very nice looking wagon you have there.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Gauge cluster is sweet. How's the line of sight readability going down the road (are they easy to glance at). Underdash not very easy to see while driving; I can pretty much only check mine while not watching the road which isn't cool...
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

yeah mine are down below where the ash tray was, so its not convenient to glance at them.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

+1 on the gauges. Very nice. Mine are also down below on my box (for sale) and angled a little towards the driver so it's not so hard to just glance and make sure the needle is in the usual place, but your setup would be much better.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Beautiful. Excellent work. LOVE the overhead gauge pod install. Wagon looks killer. Stepping her up to an HO conversion will make you super happy. They need a bit more pep.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice work. Is yours a white interior? I removed the ext vinyl off mine thirteen years ago and have never regretted it. There are lots of mods to make it handle and stop better and even go a little quicker.

Donald

Comment

Welcome!
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

the gauges are supposed to go there just not on our cars. they about 2 inches above the mirror so they are a perfect hight for easy to see and read. the interior and exterior are both tan.

Comment

She's a beauty and I also love that gauge pod. May actually do gauges in my car now. Never wanted to because there just didn't seem to be a way that didn't look super-hokey. Where did you get that pod? Oh, and welcome to the site!

Comment

Looks like Autometer 18017 to me. 18022 is a 2 gauge pod.

Also, a little off topic (sorry), but I've wondered if steering column shrouds from an F-series truck (or '95+ panther) would fit a '90+ panther which would then allow for steering column mounted pods like Autometer 15005 (or 15011 w/manual trans swap/floor shifter). According to a picture from drock96marquis (toward the bottom of the page) 15005 has been used on whale CV.

Alright, enough of that. Carry on and again, welcome to the OP.
                            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
                              George Burns

Comment

Working...
                              X