nkb heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nkb heads

has anyone had any experience with the skip white 'NKB' heads? https://www.skipwhiteperformance.com...ord-274_80942/

I just read through their entire write up, they use some high-quality parts from comp cams. I personally never heard of them but I'm interested to see if anyone has input on them. Compared to other name brands such as trick flow or AFR, they are significantly cheaper.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Pretty much my thoughts. Sounds good, don't know anything about them. Maybe check Corral, someone there may know. If they are actually good, its a heck of a price for what they seem to be. Can't justify iron heads at that rate.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If they are actually assesmbled with those parts listed, then I'd say they are worth a try.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Ill go ahead and buy them and I'll post results after putting the block all together. I'mma put those heads a maybe 500-550 lift cam and the sniper EFI.

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

Comment

I wanted to take a second to put out some positive feedback on some inexpensive aluminum cylinder heads I purchased for my 347 build. I picked up a set of Skip White NKB 185cc heads fully assembled with Hyd Roller springs for $650. They used to be a ProComp dealer but have replaced that line with these NKB's. They say they

*shrug* seems like they did OK for him.

some more comments. The usual "sounds too cheap" and then some posts from people who actually own them. Owners seem OK, non-owners show the usual disdain.

Honestly I'd be real tempted to buy a set if I was putting a motor together. You can barely get decent stock iron heads and have a shop rebuild them for that cost.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well I'm not trying to build a powerhouse from a small block so I think it'll be fine for around 350 horse or so

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Honestly I'd be real tempted to buy a set if I was putting a motor together. You can barely get decent stock iron heads and have a shop rebuild them for that cost.
                I'm debating on offering Andrew to run these on his Volvo engine. This will also solve the issue of finding stud-mount roller rockers that can be attached to the factory bosses made for pedestals - Ford used stupid tiny 5/16" bolts for their rockers, most all aftermarket studs use 3/8" or 7/16" ends on the head side, and there ain't none good roller rockers that I've found that don't use also 3/8" or 7/16" studs on the adjuster side. So it's basically either stick with the factory shim-adjusted pedestal setup (after Donald's engine, fuck that if at all possible), or go full aftermarket with the good shit. These heads will make running the good shit much more affordable.

Engine is a low-mileage Exploder block that until now was planned for P heads with just valve springs replaced for higher RPMs, and the Cobra cam. Car is already MAF so tuning shouldn't be an issue...
                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

So running some numbers for Drew that ya'll can use too:

- NKB heads = $700 + $40 shipping
                  - Scorpion rockers (3/8" or 7/16" stud, 1.72 ratio) = $260
                  - ARP studs = $50
                  - guide plates = $40
                  - pushrods = $60

So you're looking at $1200-ish to fully built these up to run-ready state. Just something to keep in mind...
                  The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Still not that bad in pricing. I'm buying everything slowly so it's not going to be a next weekend thing.

Comment

I can be persuaded out of the iron RHS 200s (#35305) on my 408, minus rockers, if anyone is interested. Sold to me from from Comp Cams themselves with a full set of their hardware.

I'd like to switch to larger chamber heads for future plans

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

I'm still running pedestals on my car. The old Crane Cobra rockers were wore the hell out, so I stole the Scorpion set I had on my P heads. The factory setup has the advantage of working fine on a stock motor. Just bolt it down, done. Outside of that its not awesome.

Comment

wouldn't RECOMMEND THEM ON A 302 AS THE PORT VOLUME is a bit large unless one wants to go really high RPM like around 8 grand or so.
                          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

The factory setup has the advantage of working fine on a stock motor. Just bolt it down, done. Outside of that its not awesome.
                            Except when one breaks and you get to hear your pushrod bouncing off of the valve covers

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5 View Post
                              I can be persuaded out of the iron RHS 200s (#35305) on my 408, minus rockers, if anyone is interested. Sold to me from from Comp Cams themselves with a full set of their hardware.
                              Out of pure curiosity, and with no idea what they cost brandy new, what are you thinking of as far as price?

I'm still running pedestals on my car. The old Crane Cobra rockers were wore the hell out, so I stole the Scorpion set I had on my P heads. The factory setup has the advantage of working fine on a stock motor. Just bolt it down, done. Outside of that its not awesome.
                              Scorpions is what this will run as well, fuck $340 die-cast Cranes when $60 less gets brandy new milled Scorpions Race series with lifetime warranty and all that.

So you're thinking the shit should just work fine with the P-heads and HO cam and factory pushrods? Well that will certainly make life significantly easier

Comment

Working...
                              X