Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

box colony park parts

Click image for larger version

Name:	1984-mercury-grand-marquis-colony-park-station-wagon-woody-ls-country-neat-beast-6.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1303967looking for info on if someone knows where one of these dust spoilers is hiding reasonable priced.

Name:	swagg.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	1303968 also looking for door panels like these, or even to know what year they came in with the wood

I'm gonna say 85 and prior had the woody door panels. I recall a little bit about how leather cars got the later style without the wood, so there could be some overlap. Are you looking for a complete door panel or just parts off one?

The air deflector is rare. I've been keeping an eye out at junkyards for several years and have yet to find one. There may be some members here that will part with one. The part number is E1AZ-7450860-A but it is a discontinued part.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I've only encountered a single wagon in person with that air deflector, and TecNickal has it. He got it off a '88-'91 CP, stuck it on the '87 before I bought it, and I think he may have put it on his '89 by now. The small number of wagons I've seen in the junkyard have not been equipped with one.

As far as the door panels go, I'm not sure what years they were in, but seem to be matched with the trim level. I believe that style door panel was on lower level models.

This is a brochure segment from 1983:

It shows the style you're looking for on just Grand Marquis, and not the LS trimmed model. There was another brochure I looked up and went through and it showed those panels on Marquis Brougham, but not Grand Marquis. Essentially what I can derive from that is if you're trying to find that style door panel, look in '79-'82 Marquis Brougham, or '83-'85? Grand Marquis (non-LS). You may find them there.

I've seen a few Grand Marquis with those door panels, and I'm fairly confident they were not LS trim models.

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

thanks for all the info. I found a guy in florida selling a whole car for 600, it had the air deflector ive messaged him several times with no response. I found my car using search tempest and there are a few on there now with the air deflector, I highly doubt anyone would sell it off the car but I will try.
        as for the door panels if the wood peice can be added to my existing panel that would be easier but not sure. from what research I have done they came on 81-84, that is searching threw pictures, I can find them on those years not before, and from what i read 85 got newer interior changes

Comment

Name:	door.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1282065
          it looks likei would need the whole panel. color doesnt matter and shape of wood either, im going to re wrap the wood

Comment

found a brand new old stock air deflector on ebay for 60 shipped. I think I hit the jackpot lol

Comment

No courtesy lights on your front door panels either. I've never seen that before. WagonMan
              89 Colony Park
              90 Colony Park
              70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by gtracer95 View Post
                found a brand new old stock air deflector on ebay for 60 shipped. I think I hit the jackpot lol
                Indeed!
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Just curious, what would be an acceptable, not too high price for one of these. I have one but I'm going to need it for the '88 Arizona Wagon I'm buying off JayWish. I just looked on Ebay and they've got a Matador air deflector some guy is trying to get $400 out of, and a Pinto wagon one for a 72-79? $150. Is $100 too much to pay?
                  Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by gtracer95 View Post
                    What a deal ! Hopefully it was a buy it now.

Comment

what is funny is that, them door panels came on the lower trim grand marquis/marquis. Plus, the courtesy lights did not come with the same panels. Too me, It should have been the other way around. I would love to have a set of these panels for my wagon.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

$60 is a good price. I paid $100 for the deflector I got from a member here a few years ago. Here's an '82 CP for sale in the LA area that has those door panels:
                        https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...528515103.html

88 Country Squire
                        86 Colony Park, non-op'd
                        89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

Comment

Too bad that wagon is not made of gold, for that price. Sure is purdy though

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Nice car. Maybe seller found out he can't get the Mercury to pass Ca smog in the Riverside area of Ca. They have some of the worst smog in the State. Very very hard to get a VV carb to pass. It was very hard 11 years ago. Motor and cat converters had to be perfect to pass. They were not perfect when new.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                              Nice car. Maybe seller found out he can't get the Mercury to pass Ca smog in the Riverside area of Ca. They have some of the worst smog in the State. Very very hard to get a VV carb to pass. It was very hard 11 years ago. Motor and cat converters had to be perfect to pass. They were not perfect when new.
                              For some reason everyone here thinks their wagons are made of gold, haven't figured it out yet Tom. And you're right, most people don't smog them, even though you're supposed to when selling a car. Some of them come right out and tell you it won't pass, others just wait for you to find out when you buy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X