Super Tech Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Tech Needed!

I own a 91 Marquis 5.0 and i have had the engine rebuilt, i have to reinstall the AC/AIR PUMP/ALT/PS ETC... Does anyone have photos of the front of the engine 5.0 that will assist me with the reassembly process 86-'91, Grand Marquis 5.0 Help Please!!

I have an 86. In the video on my post you can stop it and see if it helps you. I'm at work and do not have the pics on me here. If you can wait until I get home this evening I could have better pictures for you.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...nkinMerc-Lives!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
    George Burns

Comment

Took me awhile, but I found the pics. Hope they help.
      Attached Files

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
      George Burns

Comment

Driver side power steering pump goes on its bracket first, then the whole assembly slides onto the water pump studs. Three long bolts (use 9/16" socket) go thru the bracket into the engine block &head. Of the three water pump studs that go thru the PS pump bracket, the two lower ones can receive their nuts now (9/16" socket again), the top one has to wait for the curved stamped steel alternator bracket to go on, then it get nutted too. Big T's pictures show how that happens, picture #2 is before the alt bracket, pic #1 shows bracket installed. Alternator then drops on top of the PS pump bracket via a stupid-long bolt, its top ear goes behind the curved stamped-steel bracket (bolt goes thru the long adjustment slot).

Passenger side, big steel plate goes against the engine block and head, the funny-shaped alu bracket that carries the A/C compressor goes against that, three bolts (IIRC two take 9/16" socket and one is either 5/8" or 11/16") hold both together onto block and head. Big square-ish alu plate goes on top of that, it also slides onto two of the water pump's studs (again refer to Big T's pictures, plate in question is the one behind the belt tensioner pulley). Drop your A/C compressor in now, two bolts go in from the rear (near the exhaust manifold, two more from the front, one of the front ones also serves as a pivot for the belt tensioner assembly), these are all metric IIRC, 13mm socket for three of them and 15mm for the one that pivots the tensioner. Big curved-like alu bracket (says 5.0 on it in red numbers in Big T's pic #2) goes on top of everything, its bottom end slides onto one of the water pump studs, its top end bolts onto the A/C compressor, and the middle bolt goes thru the square-ish alu plate and into the big funny-shaped alu bracket that carries the compressor. Smog pump goes in from the bottom, it uses a stupid-long bolt (very much like the alternator only smaller diameter) that goes in from the front thru the square-ish plate's bottom-most hole, passes thru the smog pump's top ear, then there is a spacer behind that, and it finally threads into the engine block (bolt takes 1/2" socket IIRC). The bottom of the smog pump is attached to the timing cover studs that also hold the timing pointer via a small curved stamped steel bracket, it is likely said bracket is still bolted onto your smog pump as it usually does not need removal from it just to take the pump off the engine.

Socket sized are just a guide, some of them you'll have to figure out on your own as people loose hardware as they work on stuff and often replace it with something that has the same thread but different size of head.
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Oh yeah, we should probably have this moved into the 5.0 tech section after a while, it may need to stay here for now tho so the OP can find it easier if he remembers where he posted it initially.

Also tenspeedpops, Eaton 10-speed? Straight 10, or that damn "super" 10? lol
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Working...
          X