PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

View Poll Results: Are you interested in running your car on the dyno?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yesh

4 57.14%
  • Nao

3 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scottfest Dyno Day Interest

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Default Scottfest Dyno Day Interest

Hey guys. i'm trying to see who is interested in a potential dyno day this year at Performance Specialties Inc in Pottstown. I will be calling the shop tomorrow to get prices. I was thinking of possibly doing it Friday (since dragstrip WILL be not open for test n tune during the weekend of Scottfest, sadly), or possibly Saturday depending on who is interested and who is showing up on which day. Friday would work a little better as the itinerary was cleared since no dragstrip :/ I would just need a headcount to see if it's even worth it.

Obviously i am interested. If you guys could let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it!
    Last edited by 86VickyLX; 08-05-2017 at 11:25 PM.
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Too much stuff to list in my signature...
    Blue
    Mods So Far:
    5.0 HO Swap from 92 Cougar, GT40 Intakes With Remanufactured GT40P Heads, Contour Cooling Fans, Autodimming Mirror With Compass, Frankensteined but fully functional JBL Premium Sound System, Working A/C, Big Front Brake Swap, more mods to come soon!

I'm game.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

I realize there is an older thread. But I'm trying to cover bases here. Some people aren't coming that were. And I figured since it's less than a week away. Let's get some definite answers haha.
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Blue
    Mods So Far:
    5.0 HO Swap from 92 Cougar, GT40 Intakes With Remanufactured GT40P Heads, Contour Cooling Fans, Autodimming Mirror With Compass, Frankensteined but fully functional JBL Premium Sound System, Working A/C, Big Front Brake Swap, more mods to come soon!

drink a beer, grow a beard, cut it, grind it, weld it back His Royal Ghostliness's Avatar

Absolutely not interested in wasting dyno efforts on my car. Cause, well, you know, kinda don't have one of those, lol. May be interesting to see how lousy the deezal bitch performs tho... BTW she's 8 ft wide and weighs in at 9000 lbs, when you call for prices see if their dyno can even fit such a bigass boat anchor on the rollers.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Im out. Weeping head gasket and dyno dont mix.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Why not. Kind of curious what it does at this point.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body, 246k and counting

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Im out. Weeping head gasket and dyno dont mix.
    Again?! You would probably have better luck with a used junkyard engine with 140k. Sorry to hear. I suppose you are coming with the Mercedes this year?

Vicky
    Blue
    Mods So Far:

I don't know if I'm in for the dyno, I have an EGR issue (it was bucking hard on light throttle between 35-50mph). Don't have time to get it in the shop (mechanics are booked) Right now it's plugged, and I don't know which is better, having it idle rough or having the EGR open all the time with everything hooked up (I still want to drive the '82 to Scottfest, somebody let me know if this is a bad idea). I looked it up yesterday but I forget, one way causes pinging the other does something else, causes weak vaccuum?

Recently had the EGR sensor/sending unit thing replaced as it was bad, need to scan for codes, my mechanic plugged the EGR to get rid of the issue and it idles for shit now (though it did this periodically with everything hooked up. My mechanic said something seems to be sending the "open" signal constantly to the EGR with everything hooked up.
    Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 08-06-2017 at 12:05 PM.
    , on Flickr
    SLICKTOP '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, police swaybar, S&S headrests. 2002 GM LS, & 2003 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate. 1962 project Heep.

drink a beer, grow a beard, cut it, grind it, weld it back His Royal Ghostliness's Avatar

EGR should not even be coming into play unless you're in "cruise" mode (steady speed, light load), so blocking off the EGR (physically removing the valve and installing a plate in its place) should not affect idle quality at all. Is this how he blocked it off?
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Quote Originally Posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
    EGR should not even be coming into play unless you're in "cruise" mode (steady speed, light load), so blocking off the EGR (physically removing the valve and installing a plate in its place) should not affect idle quality at all. Is this how he blocked it off?
    No, just the (screw in the vacuum line, open port on the canister method.
    , on Flickr
    SLICKTOP '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, police swaybar, S&S headrests. 2002 GM LS, & 2003 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate. 1962 project Heep.

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    Why not. Kind of curious what it does at this point.
    I am curious as well. She still pulls but the engine is was pretty much junk from the get go IMHO. Chasing oil leaks like crazy, blowing out the dipstick after HIGH rpm runs. I think there is a TON of crankcase pressure causing a bunch of my issues. Just a sad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    Again?! You would probably have better luck with a used junkyard engine with 140k. Sorry to hear. I suppose you are coming with the Mercedes this year?
    I agree on the motor comment. Its a shame, really.

Maybe with Mercedes. I kinda porked myself. Have to get stuff ready for a trip out to LA (leaving on the 17 of August) and I am the one driving it out and back. I'll see what happens.
    ~David~

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sxcpotatoes View Post

EGR isn't open at idle, so corking off the vacuum line will have no effect. If its bucking at 35-50 that sounds like problems with the egr regulator. A honk of wd-40 through the vent under the plastic cap got mine working, but I did replace it anyway just because I'd already ordered the part. Worth a shot, worst case it still sucks and you cap the line back off.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body, 246k and counting

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I don't know if I'm in for the dyno, I have an EGR issue (it was bucking hard on light throttle between 35-50mph). Don't have time to get it in the shop (mechanics are booked) Right now it's plugged, and I don't know which is better, having it idle rough or having the EGR open all the time with everything hooked up (I still want to drive the '82 to Scottfest, somebody let me know if this is a bad idea). I looked it up yesterday but I forget, one way causes pinging the other does something else, causes weak vaccuum?

Recently had the EGR sensor/sending unit thing replaced as it was bad, need to scan for codes, my mechanic plugged the EGR to get rid of the issue and it idles for shit now (though it did this periodically with everything hooked up. My mechanic said something seems to be sending the "open" signal constantly to the EGR with everything hooked up.
    If this is the Mark, check the throttle stop screw and the throttle body. Make sure it isn't closing completely. I had problems with that thing myself.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Maybe with Mercedes. I kinda porked myself. Have to get stuff ready for a trip out to LA (leaving on the 17 of August) and I am the one driving it out and back. I'll see what happens.
    LA as in Louisiana, or LA as in Los Angeles? Big difference there

Like Gadget said, that will not do anything for your idle issue. If EGR is still sticking open at idle with vacuum supply removed, that's the valve itself. Pull valve (yes, I know its a bitch), clean it, make sure it closes right. Worst case make block-off plate and run that for now.

Bring it and we'll mess with it. Not many things to go wrong with the EGR system on these cars. The regulator is probably clogged with junk.

Vicky
    Blue
    Mods So Far:

Okay, it's idling fine mostly, it's just every once in awhile that it idles down stumbling at a red light or stop sign. Revving it smooths things out. I really would like to see this thing on the dyno (for a baseline). Another possible symptom is the cruise control sort of surges--slightly, but I don't know if that's due to the slightly bouncy speedometer/cable. Just wanted to make make sure it wasn't going to hurt anything driving 6 hours or so across OH & PA.

So count me in for the Dyno still, thanks.
    , on Flickr

oh... that problem. It did that to me, too. I never did find that issue. I just bumped the idle up a little so it wouldn't die at the light.

Ok. So I need at least 4 cars to get locked into the 60 bucks for 3 pulls price. It would be from 4-7pm On FRIDAY. I need to let the guy know by the latest on wednesday to reserve the shop! Please let me know!!!

Vicky
    Blue
    Mods So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
    LA as in Louisiana, or LA as in Los Angeles? Big difference there
    True. Los Angeles is where I am heading.
    ~David~

i'm in

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Colony Park, "large marge"
    1982 efm and 1986 alaska stokers keeping me warm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast