Scottfest Dyno Day Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scottfest Dyno Day Interest

Hey guys. i'm trying to see who is interested in a potential dyno day this year at Performance Specialties Inc in Pottstown. I will be calling the shop tomorrow to get prices. I was thinking of possibly doing it Friday (since dragstrip WILL be not open for test n tune during the weekend of Scottfest, sadly), or possibly Saturday depending on who is interested and who is showing up on which day. Friday would work a little better as the itinerary was cleared since no dragstrip :/ I would just need a headcount to see if it's even worth it.

Obviously i am interested. If you guys could let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it!
    Yesh
    0%
    Nao
    0%

The poll is expired.

I'm game.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I realize there is an older thread. But I'm trying to cover bases here. Some people aren't coming that were. And I figured since it's less than a week away. Let's get some definite answers haha.

Comment

Absolutely not interested in wasting dyno efforts on my car. Cause, well, you know, kinda don't have one of those, lol. May be interesting to see how lousy the deezal bitch performs tho... BTW she's 8 ft wide and weighs in at 9000 lbs, when you call for prices see if their dyno can even fit such a bigass boat anchor on the rollers.
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Im out. Weeping head gasket and dyno dont mix.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Why not. Kind of curious what it does at this point.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Im out. Weeping head gasket and dyno dont mix.
              Again?! You would probably have better luck with a used junkyard engine with 140k. Sorry to hear. I suppose you are coming with the Mercedes this year?

Comment

I don't know if I'm in for the dyno, I have an EGR issue (it was bucking hard on light throttle between 35-50mph). Don't have time to get it in the shop (mechanics are booked) Right now it's plugged, and I don't know which is better, having it idle rough or having the EGR open all the time with everything hooked up (I still want to drive the '82 to Scottfest, somebody let me know if this is a bad idea). I looked it up yesterday but I forget, one way causes pinging the other does something else, causes weak vaccuum?

Recently had the EGR sensor/sending unit thing replaced as it was bad, need to scan for codes, my mechanic plugged the EGR to get rid of the issue and it idles for shit now (though it did this periodically with everything hooked up. My mechanic said something seems to be sending the "open" signal constantly to the EGR with everything hooked up.
                Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 08-06-2017, 12:05 PM.
                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

EGR should not even be coming into play unless you're in "cruise" mode (steady speed, light load), so blocking off the EGR (physically removing the valve and installing a plate in its place) should not affect idle quality at all. Is this how he blocked it off?
                  The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                    EGR should not even be coming into play unless you're in "cruise" mode (steady speed, light load), so blocking off the EGR (physically removing the valve and installing a plate in its place) should not affect idle quality at all. Is this how he blocked it off?
                    No, just the (screw in the vacuum line, open port on the canister method.
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      Why not. Kind of curious what it does at this point.
                      I am curious as well. She still pulls but the engine is was pretty much junk from the get go IMHO. Chasing oil leaks like crazy, blowing out the dipstick after HIGH rpm runs. I think there is a TON of crankcase pressure causing a bunch of my issues. Just a sad situation.

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      Again?! You would probably have better luck with a used junkyard engine with 140k. Sorry to hear. I suppose you are coming with the Mercedes this year?
                      I agree on the motor comment. Its a shame, really.

Maybe with Mercedes. I kinda porked myself. Have to get stuff ready for a trip out to LA (leaving on the 17 of August) and I am the one driving it out and back. I'll see what happens.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post

EGR isn't open at idle, so corking off the vacuum line will have no effect. If its bucking at 35-50 that sounds like problems with the egr regulator. A honk of wd-40 through the vent under the plastic cap got mine working, but I did replace it anyway just because I'd already ordered the part. Worth a shot, worst case it still sucks and you cap the line back off.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don't know if I'm in for the dyno, I have an EGR issue (it was bucking hard on light throttle between 35-50mph). Don't have time to get it in the shop (mechanics are booked) Right now it's plugged, and I don't know which is better, having it idle rough or having the EGR open all the time with everything hooked up (I still want to drive the '82 to Scottfest, somebody let me know if this is a bad idea). I looked it up yesterday but I forget, one way causes pinging the other does something else, causes weak vaccuum?

Recently had the EGR sensor/sending unit thing replaced as it was bad, need to scan for codes, my mechanic plugged the EGR to get rid of the issue and it idles for shit now (though it did this periodically with everything hooked up. My mechanic said something seems to be sending the "open" signal constantly to the EGR with everything hooked up.
                          If this is the Mark, check the throttle stop screw and the throttle body. Make sure it isn't closing completely. I had problems with that thing myself.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            Maybe with Mercedes. I kinda porked myself. Have to get stuff ready for a trip out to LA (leaving on the 17 of August) and I am the one driving it out and back. I'll see what happens.
                            LA as in Louisiana, or LA as in Los Angeles? Big difference there

Like Gadget said, that will not do anything for your idle issue. If EGR is still sticking open at idle with vacuum supply removed, that's the valve itself. Pull valve (yes, I know its a bitch), clean it, make sure it closes right. Worst case make block-off plate and run that for now.

Comment

Bring it and we'll mess with it. Not many things to go wrong with the EGR system on these cars. The regulator is probably clogged with junk.

Comment

Working...
                              X